View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2013
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 8 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: biodiesel

Originally Posted by adam5 View Post
HI Ralph, is all Morrisons diesel part bio?? if so, I have used it quite a few times with no probs, I think!! ,and if it is ,will make sure to keep using it,got me thinking,I filled up at morrisons at the same time I used a bottle of forte fuel system cleaner,two weeks later 1 injector failed,and 1 of the best things about bio,is the fact that it really cleans the whole system,so wondering if that combined with the forte dislodged a piece of crud to block injector,am changing the fuel filter this weekend, may fit a sep inline filter just before pump,as a back up.
I thought all Diesel was now part bio? but Morrisons if other posts are right is 7% were others are 5% I am happy to use any of the stuff from main stream service stations and supermarkets, the stuff I don't use is that you can buy in cans from recyclers on industrial estates for about 1 a ltr, but I would use that in a old non common rail Diesel, a few years back I had a Ford with the old techs 1.8 Diesel and two of the local stations I used were cough selling washed red Diesel so you cant always be sure.

Who would design a vehicle that falls over when you stop?

If you find a fix for your problem please let us know it will help others.
Ralph Nr Fleetwood NW UK.
Currently in Ralph's garage:
Clio 15 DCi 80, Kawasaki W800, Yamaha MT-07, LMS 5MT 3 1/2 inch Gauge.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome