Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Retro-Fit Cruise Control (Guide With Pics)

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2013
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Megane 2 - Retro-Fit Cruise Control (Guide With Pics)

Originally Posted by Kas.Hunt View Post
For what it's worth - I wanted to test this before hacking up my steering column, and I couldn't find details on the white connector (by the headlight adjuster).

You'd need to use a on-off-on latching switch, and the pinouts of the connector (looking from the bottom) are as follows :
|##| C|
|  | X|
| L|  |

Where ## is the missing pin, X is the common wire, C 
 is Cruise Control mode, and L is limit mode.
Also, for what it's worth, it all worked, and I went down the 'extra radio stalk' route, but I decided to stuff all the resistors into the stalk, and snip some tracks. My stalk (mounted on the opposite side to the radio) has Vol+ as Speed-, Vol- as Speed+, Mute as Restore, and the top and bottom buttons all as Cancel).

10 in a local breakers for a spare radio stalk and a handful of resistors later, and I'm very happy (apart from the lack of daskboard lights - but I don't have a clip, and I'm don't want to pay 100 for the privilege). Is there an easy way??

On thing I did notice though is that the speed limiter 'kickdown' function doesn't appear to work - it doesn't matter how hard I stand on the accelerator, it won't budge over the limit unless you disengage SL.
I am just about to do this. Can you confirm, with a diagram which pins you connected up to which to perform the different functions and also which wire you hen connected them to on the column.
Currently in owenfackrell's garage:
2006 laguna II, initiale sports tourer 2.0Dci , but has had laguna 1 rxe (both phases) and a 98 clio rxe and a Laguna II Sports Tourer 1.9Dci Privilege and a Megane Coupe 2.0 16v in red and a 2007 57 plate megane II privilege 1.5 DCi estate (with Panoramic sunroof) and a 2001 Clio 1.4 Privilagein black.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome