Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Pricing advice/help

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 12th July 2013
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: Pricing advice/help

Originally Posted by boy17 View Post
most bodyshops repairs include a big dollop of plastic padding followed by new paint to achieve results, and a mopping.
the best way to fix that damage is replacement.
not the above method.
a car restorer is req or a good tigmigger..
or better still borrow a robot of Renault assembly line.
once damaged cars are never repaired correct.
That's quite a strong opinion; you must've had a really bad experience to give you such a jaded perspective.

Most of the exterior parts of a car (apart from the roof) aren't structural. I've seen similar incidences (albeit not in this particular case), where someone not jacking the car at the correct point, could deform the sill. In that case, same as this one; pull it as straight as possible, sand/fill/sand and paint is how any business worth their salt would operate, to provide a durable and effective repair without charging a four-figure sum and depriving the owner of their car for a few days, instead of a few hours.

I presume your point of view extends to all cosmetic repairs - so you would've bought new wheels in this case?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dirty alloys as I got them.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	19742   Click image for larger version

Name:	alloys cleaned.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	19743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Painted & lacquered.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	19744   Click image for larger version

Name:	All done & homeward bound.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	19745  

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
The Following User Says Thank You to VelSatisfied For This Useful Post:
Colin :) (12th July 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome