Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Classic Car

Thread: Classic Car
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Also in today's disposable society its good for people to see working/ usable models of things gone before instead of just books & pictures.
I agree with you here Ottoman! It's almost as a bet that I've got a perfectly working safe and sound Rover J plate 216GSi auto (and a rusty old Rover Vitesse!).

I wanted an automatic for a while as I've just had an operation on my left leg, so I found a car that didn't sell on eBay , and haggled with the guy and ended up buying the car for 80.

It was an MOT failure and had a couple of niggles, which I soreted by sourcing parts from a scrap yard where I could there were some sad sights there too - like a P plate Lexus at the bottom of a stack of three cars, complete with it's leather interior...if thats not throw away society I don't know what is), and hey presto, perfectly working car with tax and MOT for 200 in total.

I guess the point is that it doesn't matter what people think - as long as you are happy. People may snigger and say 'look at him in that cr@p old car' but they soon change their mind when they get in it.
Currently in scen1c's garage:
Toys. Toys. More toys. A freezer.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome