Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #207 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Right, no joy so far from VOSA....spoke to them about 10 days ago, and they indicated that Renault France (HQ) have postponed their proposed "Oct" meeting to the end of December!!!

After which an ultimate decision will be made by VOSA (not necessarily a detailed report though, as I initially expected!). Also, if Renault decline to publish this, I might not actually see a copy - even though it was me (amongst others!) who raised this with VOSA - ruddy stupid hey?

I also spoke my a friend who indicated that if Renault did not mandate the servicing of the bonnet lock mechanism or catches, and this did seize up then Renault UK are potentially liable. However, if a communication went out to dealers advising them to check the liability shifts to the dealerships NOT Renault UK (if the incident happened after a subsequent service but that dealer).

I guess this affects any subsequent cases when the car has had a service from Renault subsequent to what I believe was an April communication from Renault UK. However, this does not apply to those incidents which occurred prior to this communication date...I think it's still a Renault liability as they have not done a blanket communication to their customer base which means they are not able to imply it is the liability of the owner yet! (does this make any sense?).

In short, if your car has NOT been serviced by a Renault dealership recently and the incident happened, it is still Renault UK at fault - not the dealership! As the part is not a mandated servicing item!!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 31st October 2006 at 02:38 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome