Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1992 1.4 AUTO PROBLEMS!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 1992 1.4 AUTO PROBLEMS!

I have a 1992 Renault Clio 1.4 RT Auto that struggles to start.
About 2 weeks ago i took the car for an MOT, which it passed no problem. I drove the car home about 5 miles away, and didnt use the car for about 5 hours. So when i came back to use the car, it started but i thought it was weird because it seemed to have struggled. Anyway, i thought i was just being a wally and drove it as normal, but it got about 100 metres away from the drive and it stopped totally. I started the car, but a minute later it went out again and so on another few times.
Anyway I rang up the garage where i had the MOT done, and after warming up the car for 10 minutes or so it was fineand so able to drive out there. They looked at it and advised me to get a new distrubitor cap. So I got a new cap and rotor arm, I fitted it but still the problems exist.
The problem this morning is:
I go to start the car but it struggles to start, when it does start it cuts out. After 2-4 tries it stays on but struggles to rev, i cant press the accelarator pedal because it instantly cuts out the engine. So i leave the car on its own for 5-10 minutes with the enigne running, and then the accelarator works and the car can be driven normally.
Anyway, can anyone give me some advice to fix the car? I m trying to sell the car because iv got a new one, so im trying to get the clio done soon! Thanks
Currently in spv87's garage:
1992 Renault Clio 1.4 RT Auto
  5 Lastest Threads by spv87
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Close My Account Feedback & Announcements deano23285 4 1274 7th August 2007 03:19 PM
Tyres problem Wheels & tyres kpautomotive 18 2513 16th December 2006 02:10 PM
My advice if you scratch your car! Cars & motoring Stuad70 3 1347 24th November 2006 04:31 PM
Improving fuel consumption Cars & motoring gsnarayanan 7 1712 16th November 2006 08:53 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome