Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Brake Lights Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th July 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - Brake Lights Not Working*FIXED*

Further to the above, and with thanks to Bubble1974 for the location tip, I was able to fix my issue, with brake lights stuck on.

The fabric panel was flapping around under the glove box, and when I took that out a pair of wires came with it, with a switch on the end. I think it must all have been dislodged somehow by a passenger's foot (I have one frequent passenger who likes to press her foot against the engine wall in silent commentary on my driving style).

A quick check demonstrated this to be the brake light switch. On mine, it's a white plastic housing with a black 'plunger' button that's sprung - when it's in its resting position (sticking out) the brake lights are on. So if it's not fixed against something, they're on. The neck around the join between those parts has two lugs, to slot and twist into a bracket on the engine wall that's up against a lever connected to the brake pedal in the other footwell (?). Once it's seated in the bracket, brake lights are off.

I guess if your lights are stuck off the plunger in this switch may be stuck in, or the spring is broken?
Currently in Adhib's garage:
03 Renault Laguna II 'dynamique'
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome