Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Dashboard On Start Up

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Coupe Banging noise from passenger side dash

Hi have browsed through the site and found similar but not exact same problems as im having with megane coupe 1600 petrol. At the start there was a small tapping noise coming from underneath the passenger side dash - this happened very seldom and i just ignored. This evening though the tapping has turned into a really loud banging from the same area. It first happened when i was stuck in traffic, later on the motorway and then when i stopped the car. Restarted the car - happened again - also happens without even starting up engine (just by turning key half way). No obvious signs under bonnet. The ABS light is also now lit up, have no idea whether this has anything to do with it. The car is not long back from the Renault dealers having got the spark plugs changed which had caused it to cut out intermittently for weeks (apparantly they werent renault). Before that it was the fuel filter and now this. im not even worrying about the screeching sound when locking, reversing and going round roundabouts ! Just looking for some guidance on the banging noises! Thanks!!!
Currently in Coupe_Gal's garage:
2000 Megane Coupe 1.6V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome