Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1118 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

RE- LancsDave's photos (5 posts above)... In the third photo, the largest-circled area is mostly the culprit as I described many years ago. A mild distortion to the bonnet or plastic slider can cause the device to become misaligned and then it sticks in the retracted position. This can also happen if dirt builds up on the "ways" behind the slider. This gadget is similar to what was on my 1970s (or was it 80s) Talbot Horizon and the same thing happened to my son when studying in UK. I have never seen this happen in Malta but I have read of many similar complaints in France. Much of what I have just said is a repeat of what I wrote when I was a regular on this forum dating back to 2004/5.

In case it is of any interest, I saw the same thing happen to a friend's Grand Scenic (can't remember which model/year but it had the puller between the slats of the front grille. I promptly sprayed it with WD40 and advised her to go to the dealer or her vendor because she had only had the car about three months. So there must be at least one more Renault model at risk albeit with a different device.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome