Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Door has dropped

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Door has dropped

I have a 54 plate Megane hard top cab. The Driver door has rattled since i had it. Probly shouldn't have bought it but did. When you shut the door you have to slam it and it make a right tinny rattle. It almost sounds like the glass is loose (might not be though). Also the hinge has no muscle, so the door can swing open fast if you let it go and once i was convinced it was going to fly off the hinge.

In the last 6 weeks ive noticed that when you open the door there is a noticeable click or crack coming from the door toward the hinge section. and it seems like it drops. A colleague of mine seems to think its had a prang and the door has been replaced or re built. Hard to tell, i hypothesised that the door swung open and someone grabbed the windows by the glass and that loosed it up inside. We could both be right or both wrong.

Now i just had the AC gassed and asked the fella there what he thought and he noticed that the door catches on the bottom of the frame. The paintwork has been scratched off and is beginning to rust. I asked the guy is its possible to just tighten up the hinge but he implied that it wasn't and that it need to go to a 'bodyshop'. What ever that means.

Any thoughts on the above? If i can get it tightened up so it doesn't drop id probly be happy enough and would ljust lieve with the tinny aspect till its time to sell.
Currently in TK's garage:
Megane Cabriolet
  5 Lastest Threads by TK
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Beeping sound Brakes/Hubs johnboyw 1 1089 29th July 2014 08:33 AM
Megane Cab Vibrations through steering wheel Wheels & tyres VelSatisfied 5 2358 1st November 2013 01:03 PM
Door has dropped Bodywork planmeca 4 1124 19th July 2013 02:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome