Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II HID Lamps

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2005
A former user

Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

Well that's the thread which your welcome to add to so that we can keep the topic in the same place ( I can also merge this one into it afterwards )..

In the end I got a renault replacement bulb on e bay for my passenger side bulb from a guy who sold his car but was shrewd enough to realise that selling his spare HID bulb over the net would make him £40..I paid Renault £40 to fit the bulb and align the headlamps prior to my MOT.

I still have an intermittant fault with my drivers side bulb or ballast unit so this is a topic close to my heart and current frustrations.

I have not actually used an independant site yet but I beleive the correct bulb is type D2R ? I am also wary of the job of fitting the bulb myself due to the fact that the front bumper assembly has to come off before you can remove the headlamp. There's just no room to get in behind the light.

I think Osram or Philips did too good a job of convincing the french design team that the HID bulbs would last the lifetime of the car.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome