Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Worn Rear Suspension Bushes

View Single Post
post #95 of (permalink) Old 2nd November 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The tool that I bought meant that it was unnecessary to remove the axle completely. If you go to e-bay you can find the same tool or go to franklin tools. I class myself as "handy" with a set of spanners rather than super-skilled and found it all pretty straightforward.

Jack and support both sides (not under axle), remove road wheels, remove one end of shock absorber (I found the top easier), slacken the 3 bolts of the bush bracket each side and remove the central one. You may want to put blocks underneath the axle to take some of the weight. I removed the brackets completely but feel that it may be possible to do the job without their complete removal. It should then be possible by removing cables from plastic clips as appropriate to pull the axle back sufficiently to get the tool on to the bushes. Thereafter was a doddle. Make sure that you don't mix up the bushes as they are handed. You may need to jack under the hub to ease realignment of the bush central bolt when reassembling. The holes are slotted so you may need to have an alignment check done afterwards.

It seems silly to buy your own tool. If you want borrow mine for the cost of postage and a donation to my beer fund you are welcome.
Currently in mardanova's garage:
2002 Laguna II 2.0ide Dynamique Sports Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome