Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #209 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi there I am yet another Renault Clio owner who has experience the same problem on Wednesday 1st November 2006.

I was driving along the M80 motorway at 65mph (I'm usualy doing more and on the outside lane) in the inside lane when the bonnet flipped into the windscreen and over the roof.

My car was collected by the AA and taken to Arnold Clark. The AA report states the bonnet clip was rusty and the secondary clip was sticky. Arnold Clark employee told me they had another Renault Clio in that day with exact same problem and stated this was a regular occurence.

I now have a report from another Arnold Clark dealer stating a faulty bonnet clip as the problem. I had been speaking regular with a Renault manager, Sandra up until yesterday when I started saying if Renault don't deal with this they will have blood on there hands she stated 'Renault are a multi national company we would have nothing to gain from a cover up' to which I responded 'do you think not recalling cars from 1997 - 2005 with millions of sales would lead to Renault with a hell of a lot to lose'

Now iv been waiting for 6 hours for her to call me back since I found out about Arnold Clarks finding!

I am planning on seeing this through by what ever means necessary. I have complained to VOSA will be getting onto Trading Standards and Society of Motor Manuf & traders - tel:0870 751 8270.

One thing I am aware of maybe i'm paranoid but do you think Renault watch this forum to see possible answers and next plan of action?!
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome