Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Are Renault youre prefered make?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Personally, I'm hooked, but largely because you can't beat the spec for the money. I really wanted a 407 this time around, but the Laguna trounced it on spec. I might still have gone for the Pug (after two bad Lagunas in a row) but the lease costs on the 2.0 HDi Executive that I wanted were just silly.

My cars are either company owned or on contract hire, so it doesn't cost me a penny if they break down. My first Lag was quite possibly the most reliable car I've ever had, but numbers two and three turned out very much to be 'Friday afternoon' jobs. I'm hoping no.4 will prove better, and in fairness, it's only had niggly problems in its first 12 months and 30K miles.

We're also on our second Clio - the first bought brand new in 2002, and the second an 04 plate bought last year. We had some problems with the 02 just before trading it in, but apart from that, it ran fine. Again, it was spec that sold us on the Clio, and in particular, safety. At the time, you were hard pushed to find a car of that size and price with twin airbags as standard, let alone four airbags, ABS and EBD.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome