Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Stereo Wiring

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
This should tell you everything you need to know

Just note that:
1) The Parrot document mentions some cars being 'reverse polarity', and the Lag is one of them. It actually uses the term incorrectly. In a nutshell, the pin labelled 12v permanent in the diagram is 12v ignition on the Lag. Likewise, 12v ignition on the diagram is 12v permanent on the car.
2) Renaults use what the Parrot document refers to as 'Mute in 3' for radio muting. Or at least the Clio does. I assume that the Lag is the same.
3) If you're wiring up a Nokia kit (or possibly some others) you might want to connect both permanent and ignition feeds to permanent live. If you don't, the phone will switch off a couple of minutes after turning off the engine, which I always found to be damned annoying. I can see it being useful to save the car battery if you leave the phone in the car, but nobody leaves their phone in the car these days (well not unless they want a broken window.)

Edit: If you're not bothered about the radio mute and want an easier install, you can get power and ground from the centre two pins on the rear of the central locking switch. That's how I wired my CARK-91 in my previous Lag.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome