Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic

Thread: Scenic
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic

When/if you get the cambelt done, get the dephaser pulley changed to as this is another weak spot on the petrol engines. Renault quoted me 700-800 for cambelt/water pump/depahser/belts, good independant want about 400.

Another expensive thing is the steering lock which I've just found out. This is brand new part, nearly 400 new unless you can get the part repaired and flashed as once plugged into a car they are coded to that unit then. If yours fails, aslong as the steering lock is moveable despite the dash saying steering locked and locking out the ignition preventing the car from starting, then your lucky. If the steering lock is jammed on then the only way to get it off is with force.

* Rear discs/pads come as a complete kit with wheel bearing so can cost a bit.
* Dash can totally go blank, but there are companies out there who can sort for about 70, but you may loose your original mileage.
* Drop links and top mounts wear out quickly.
* Window regulators fail, often the window drops with out any warning at all
* 1.4 & 1.6 petrol will be slow as hell once loaded up
* As mentioned above electric parking brake can be expensive
* heater matrix can brake

Overall they do suffer from a few gremlins, but then so do some other cars. I'm impressed with mine (2.0 petrol, 7 seat), they offer pretty good cabin space, are reasonably comfortable, have loads of little storage areas and look so much better than most other mini mpv/full size mpv on the market.
Currently in mark17779's garage:
2004/54 renault grand scenic 2.0 vvt
The Following User Says Thank You to mark17779 For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (24th July 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome