Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #221 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
On most cars these days, the rear fogs at least will click off when you turn the side lights off. So if someone is driving a car with rear fogs on, they've turned them on (either accidentally or deliberately) during that journey.

There does seem to be an increasing trend to turn them on at the first sign of drizzle or a bit of road spray. I've actually seen people do this on a number of occasions, sometimes when it was debatable as to whether the conditions even warranted side lights.

The Laguna II switches the front fogs off with the side lights as well, so if you see a Lag 2 on the road with front fogs on inappropriately, you know pretty much for sure that there's a wannabe BMW owner at the wheel

When it comes to front fog light muppets, I tend to ignore them as long as their fogs don't appear any brighter than their headlights. If their fogs are dazzling, then I'll often respond with rear fogs if they're behind me, or front fogs and main beam if they're approaching (though only at a distance - you wouldn't want them driving blind right as they approach you.) And of course the beauty of Bi-Xenon lamps is that I'm kicking out about three times the dazzle power of their puny halogens
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome