Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reversing aid 2005 Mk2 Laguna GT

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I bought a cheap kit from Makro. 20 quid plus VAT.

The sensors are surface mount ones and came with self-adhesive pads. If I'd followed the mounting instructions to the letter, I'd have had to put them on the rubbing strip of the bumper, but instead I chose to put one either side of the number plate. The wires run behind the plate and up via one of the number plate lamps. I managed to hook them with a bent coat-hanger and pull them through one of the main lamp clusters, so it's a pretty tidy job from the outside.

Deviating from the instructions means that the sensors can be a bit temperamental. Sometimes they give the slow beep (long range warning) for an object that isn't there - I think they see the tarmac because they're too near to the ground. But the rapid beep and then constant tones are still perfectly useable, with the latter meaning you're about six inches from something behind.

Not bad for 20 quid. I'll probably stick them on the Clio when I get my Initiale.

By the way: Getting at the reversing light feed is an absolute sod on the Laguna hatch unless you already have twin towing electrics. There's a multiplug behind the boot lining on the passenger side - if you need to get at it, then the centre rear boot trim and CD changer (if you have one) have to come out too.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome