Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Overheating brakes

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Overheating brakes

So, new issue :
After replacing the pads and the rotors, i notice that the brake pedal, can go all the way to the floor now.(i have to press hard, but it can.)

The car seems to brake just fine, and i can lock the wheels and engage the abs, but in a stoplight if i apply pressure to the pedal(significant pressure) it can go all the way to the floor. I should also note that this only happens with the engine on. with the engine off the pedal is firm and i cant push it very far(as it was before). Is this a problem? I havent noticed any leaks, and the fluid level seems constant, so i am thinking maybe tha master cylinder is leaking internally?But why? i only changed pads and rotors.

i should also note that i am not sure it is actually a problem :S .If i brake hard, the pedal is good :soft at the begining and then hardens and remains hard as the abs pumps it.Also if i am at rest and i stomp on it it hardens again, but i continiue pressing it(hard) it slowly gives way(I am not 100% sure if it reaches the end of its travel).
Currently in darthtony's garage:
1999 Laguna I 1.6L

Last edited by darthtony; 25th July 2013 at 04:26 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome