Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - OMG What a PONG!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2013 Thread Starter
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
OMG What a PONG!!!

I hit the road this morning with the AC turned on I hadnít gone too far before I realised the screen could do with a squirt & a few strokes of the wiper blades. OMG what a stink, it smelled a little like really bad drains. The first thing that crossed my mind was bacteria in the AC had bred enough to alert my fairly sensitive hooter.

I continued my journey & realised I hadn't turned the AC off (No smell now I thought)

Having got back home I repeated the same process with a squirt of the windscreen washer, that dreadful smell immediately returned.

Having lifted the lid on the washer bottle & taken a whiff I realised the smell was coming from in there. I therefore blasted the bottle out with the garden hose a number of times followed by a fill with hand hot water, which I left to stand; I then used about a pint of screen wash to top the bottle up.

Thank the Lord, that revolting smell was now gone. (I hope)

A little research on Google revealed the potential of catching Legionnaires disease

No more will I be doing pre-emptive top ups of the washer bottle, the bottle from now on will be purposely emptied prior to a refill.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
The Following User Says Thank You to hondo For This Useful Post:
dave_mezza2006 (26th July 2013)
  5 Lastest Threads by hondo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Anyone fancy parting with £50k General Chat Alpineandy 4 314 16th February 2016 11:23 PM
Massive Zit General Chat Phil48 14 488 10th February 2016 12:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome