Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parliamentary watchdogs are to look at raising the driving age

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
No im sorry guys i dont agree with you!
Ive been driving for 6 months, and i believe im a very good driver. I dont drive really fast that the steering wheel shakes... i dont drive with really loud music cos il get an ear ache.... and even though i now drive my dads old 2.2i Honda Shuttle, i dont drive like a wally.

Ive got a great example - when i was driving towards Newton Abbot yesterday, a bloke in his 30s in a new BMW bolted past me on the A380, i was doing 72mph (i checked the clock as he passed) so he must have done 90mph. Anyway as we got closer to the Penn Inn roundabout (where the A380 ends) he shot across each lane avoiding cars - and then slammed right into the back of a Ford Fiesta which was being driven by a teenager. Well me and a few other drivers pulled up - and the BMW driver blamed the younger driver. I saw the Fiesta was going the same speed as me (the limit) and this idiot in the fast car was driving like he owned the road.

As for night time driving, the first time i did it i was fine. In fact i think its easier than day time driving becuase you can see if a car is coming ahead by the headlights, and im less distracted! So motorway driving is nothing really - very easy! But if i was to skid one day.... i havent been taught about skidding and i wouldnt know what to do!
Currently in spv87's garage:
1992 Renault Clio 1.4 RT Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome