Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Window regulator replacement

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Window regulator replacement

Many thanks to the forum.
I had a squeak from the window for nearly a year before it finally gave up the ghost.
A couple of points from my experience.
I took it all out to check it over, and the window comes out really easily, as long as you drop the front end first. The back end will then twist out of the channel, and lift out.
I found lots of grit in the seals, and chewed up rubber at the bottom of the door. Now it is all clean, as are the drain holes, etc..
People mention the spring tension. The little white cartridges over the springs have locking tabs, so you can take up the tension whilst you are changing the cables over, then release them afterwards.
I went the "Mister Auto" route, and 20 minutes later, what do you know, new regulator and motor swapped over for 40. Anyway thanks to the forum for the tip. It saved me a fortune at Renault.
Guess what, the passenger window has just started squeaking now. I think i will try teh SS cable replacement route this time.
Anyway, many thanks again for the good gen..
Regards Edward
Currently in Jenever's garage:
2004 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome