Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #215 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Nightmare blow today turns out that Arnold Clark will not put there comments in writing that say a faulty bonnet catch was the cause of my accident! They are happy to tell me over the phone that its happening everyday but won't put in a report.

Phoned my insurance company they confirmed they had a report stating that the bonnet clip was a fault but for legal reasons they couldn't disclose it to me! They will not get an independent report on my behalf either. Renault will not even look at my car unless they get a report saying my car had a faulty bonnet clip.

So the position I was left it - Get my own independent report cost £65 takes at least 5 weeks to get. To get this I return my curtsy car and arrange for my car to be returned to me (still a wreak) cost £75. I am left with no car and have to get public transport to my work 27 miles from my home. Get the independent report and prove itís a fault of Renault - means I can't claim on my insurance as in there eyes I have proved they are not liable. Renault get there own engineers to do a report and find its not there fault so Iím left with a wreaked car I can't drive and a legal battle with one of the biggest companies to try get them to pay for the repairs (which if they admit they are liable for they open the flood gates for other similar complaints) - no chance and very long battle with no car in the mean time.

In the end I have decided to get the car fixed and pay the £400 excess and try fight my battle afterwards. After all if you were Renault and had to risk access the cost of re-calling all Clioís 1997-2005 and pay out all the claims from cars who have had accidents against the chance of someone actually managing to obtain a report and getting to court what would you do?!!!

Why is it though, that public bodies are fully accountable and have to provide information requested through Freedom of Information Requests but a multi national company with a major safety issue does not have to disclose anything!
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome