Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Interiors - Fixing CD changer caused instrument panel failure

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
If it's any consolation, been there, done that many moons ago on my Mazda 323F while fitting a Kenwood Radio/Cassette/Changer system.

After fitting it, the central locking didn't work, but the 'C.LOCK' fuse was okay. Once the panic subsided (aaaaargghhhh! I've just trashed the wiring on my new car!) I removed every fuse in turn and eventually found the 'ROOM' fuse had blown. It turns out that this is the permanent live for the stereo (which I must have briefly shorted to earth at some point without even realising it) and was also involved with the actuator circuit for the central locking, with only the solenoids themselves being covered by the 'C.LOCK' fuse.

So nowadays in these situations, I always advocate checking every single fuse in the fusebox, even if they don't appear to be related. If I'd spotted this thread a bit earlier I'd have suggested it. Though I'm not sure about the Espace, it seems that they've designed the Laguna II fuse box only to be accessible to a woman's or child's hand. My front cigarette lighter has been dead for months, but I don't fancy taking all of the skin off my hand to sort it, and keep forgetting to mention it when I go to the dealer.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome