Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #220 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Vass20, just been on the phone to VOSA there so hopefully they are going to go have a look before my car is fixed. Iv complained to Trading Standards who will refer it to the home authority for Renault (the authority where Renault head office is based) if enough people complain to them they can put pressure on Renault to do something about it so anyone out there who has not done so yet, phone your local TS and ask for it to be refered to the Home Authority as a safety complaint. If you phone consumer direct make sure they know you want it refered.

Iv phoned watchdog not heard anything back. Iv put a letter to Renault stating my complaint but as my car will be in the motion of being repaired i'm sure they'll wash there hands of it if they've not had the chance to examin it. Iv got legal cover just waiting on the 3rd party claims department getting back to me.

Everytime I phoned Renault before I got through to the manager Sandra who was dealing (use that term lightly) with my complaint they let out a laugh when they must have read over my complaint. Makes me think the volume of calls must be getting to a shocking level over this fault!

I have not be physically indured but the strain of the actual injury has lead to my blood pressure being sky high and being signed off work! (shocking at 23!!!)

As said previously if someone has been killed by this we would never know as the car would prob end up being so smashed up how would they tell if all inside were dead!

Think it is time to try get the press intrested again and get them to carry out some kind of poll and FOI every public body with any kind of connection to this!
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome