Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #224 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by brigatti View Post
P.S. I am more concerned that moving into the colder months, there is more chance than ever that the catch simply 'freezes' now (as they are not lub'd) - so more incidents in the making???

Starting to see this aren't we!!!

I still don't believe it is a simple lube-dried-out problem. As previously stated, plastic reacts in an adverse way to heat (even summer heat) and when warped by extended temperatures, will find it's movement within the travel-ways significantly restricted. Test the black plastic sliding part and see if you can feel it resisting or catching.

When phoning Renault, don't expect any satisfaction from the first-in-the-line-of-fire "managers". They only rehearse and repeat what they have been told to say, i.e. to be obstructive. Don't expect any initiative to be used or to be referred automatically to someone with some authority and initiative; you have to ask and you have to insist. This is a bit like an efficient secretary or P A protecting her boss from unwanted callers. That's my honest opinion, for what it's worth.

Does anyone believe that a dealership would risk the wrath of the manufacturer by giving evidence that a car-part is faulty? They'd be left without cars to sell, methinks.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome