Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #116 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

From earlier in the thread, I picked up on this:

@trevstamf: "Now I'm told by a reliable source that when they are first put together at factory they spray a anti corrosive gel onto the plugs and contacts to prevent corrosion or water ingress, after a few years this gel sets rock hard and then loses it properties and hey presto u get corrosion and duff contacts on the plugs n pins at the ECU under the battery tray "

I was hunting the exactly the same issue on a DCI Lag II.

It does not make sense that the two systems should show exactly the same behaviour when they are so different unless the same issue was causing it, where the two share a common architecture.

I took out my ECU recently and found the same gel stuff that looks like some kind of silicon sealant stuck to several of the pins on the connector of the ECU .

A lot of contact cleaner and a brush later, I had cleaned it all off.

I put it all back together and after a couple of spins, there has been no light.

Now, I had thought I sorted this out before only for the damn light to return, but I had never checked the ECU pins before.

Might be worth a check for anyone else experiencing the issue.

Currently in Ascalon's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9 DCi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ascalon For This Useful Post:
longleigh (30th October 2014), VelSatisfied (29th July 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome