Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 04 DCi - Fuel Nozzle

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio 04 DCi - Fuel Nozzle

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Why would you need to guess? Even pumps in the 1970's had a calibrated display.
Even to use the display, I'd need to stop filling up, start the car, check the display then carry on if it wasn't full. Not to mention that the display would reach 'full' before the tank was actually full.

Don't think it's any thing to do with how far it goes in but mine is slow to fill as well. I find that once you get the fuel flowing in, start slowly without fully pressing the trigger you can build up speed till the trigger is fully pressed and then it works ok but if you just fully press the trigger it knocks off at once.
It's not necessarily that it's slow to fill up - it clicks off constantly no matter how light I am on the trigger.

I Googled for this and struggled to find anything apart from that I'm maybe putting a little too much pressure on the nozzle and it's causing the fuel to splash back up. So maybe it's the opposite of what I thought? I perhaps need to pull the nozzle out a little further than I would normally do. Guess there's on way to find out.

Thanks for the responses.
Currently in TCD's garage:
2004 Renault Clio DCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome