Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Really disappointed with Renault and starting legal action

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Really disappointed with Renault and starting legal action

Hi All

I wonder if someone can PLEASE assist me. I have a RenaultTraffic 2009, only 40.000 on the clock, only serviced at Renault Garages . I missed the warranty on it just by a few months.
My Van started to loose its engine power and I have taken it to Renault Bromley on the 18th of July 2013. I got a call from the garage saying that it would cost me 2k to change the pistons !! I almost fell off my chair and could just not believe what I was hearing. After much negotiation, I was offered 60% discount to have all four pistons changed , even though only two are faulty.
Today , 01st of August 2013, the Van is still at Bromley and despite all my arguments regarding the faulty design of the engine, I agreed to have the 60% discount but to have only the faulty pistons replaced . For my dismay, I received a txt from Renault Head of customer services in Uk, Kevin, saying that the work is not guaranteed and the problem might not be solved. He also said the engine can get damaged and I will have to pay Renault for a new engine.
I just can not accept that a 2009 Van with such low mileage can have such fault and I have to pay for this expensive and risk repair . Renault customer services won't agree to anything else .
I have spoken to a colleague at work who used a solicitor to sue another manufacture and it was successful.
Despite my attempts to have it resolved amicably , it seems that the only route is legal action.
But in the meantime, does anyone know the MD's email address or any other solution for this dispute?
Advice highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Currently in VeryUNHAPYclient's garage:
Drive a Renault Traffic 2009 with 40000 only and just got a message from Kevin, head of customer services, ( after two weeks waiting with my Van at Bromley dealer to be fixed) that they can replace the faulty pistons for 600 , down from the initial 2000 asked by Renault, but they can not guarantee to solve the problem and the Van might require a New Engine. I'm seriously consider to sue Renault over this ridiculous situation. Can anyone give me a suggestion please? And is Mike Moore still work
  5 Lastest Threads by VeryUNHAPYclient
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Really disappointed with Renault and starting... Cars & motoring daverobzippy 13 2536 1st August 2013 06:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome