Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reversing aid 2005 Mk2 Laguna GT

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 10th October 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by hondo
Hi HD462 I've got to be honest, I would prefer the one that fit's like it should providing there are good instructions for drilling the bumper. But not so keen on the display, I already have one standard hump with the SAT NAV.

I wonder if the Dang, dang thing would work without the display unit?

Thank you & cheers hondo
I'd go with that one myself if I was in the market for one. I have a hump on my Laguna which has the radio display, clock and outside air temp gauge in it. I'd think it would sit on top of there pretty well (I'm not sure where they are on factory fit versions).

I have my Trafficmaster Freeway sitting on top of my hump, and it looks fine (fits on with velcro strips). My SatNav is a standalone Pocket PC with sits in the corner of the windscreen on a suction mount, very neat and transferable from car to car.

Cutting the holes in the bumper and running the wires will be the trickiest part I should think, although it does say it comes with the holesaw to cut the holes in the bumper, just need to measure them out evenly. At least it does fit in the bumper like a factory one, not just stick onto it like the other one.

Another option if you don't want to go to all that bother is one of those Quikpark lenses that attaches to the back window. I have one on my car (and had one on a previous estate car) and they're quite accurate once you get used to how they work. When you loose sight of various parts of the front of the car behind you can tell how far off you are. For example when you can't see the number plate you're about 6ft away, when you can't see the headlights you're about 4ft away etc.

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome