Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Boot Latch - headache

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Megane Boot Latch - headache

I am struggling with a problem on my Megane Sports Tourer dCi Sports Tourer '04 that I have recently acquired.
The boot latch doesn't open the boot properly, I have had to remove the interior panel to the tailgate and fiddle around with a small screwdriver just to open it.
I have taken it to several garages who have all failed to fix what on the surface doesn't appear to be that difficult a problem. But they are all saying it is too complicated and talk about replacing the entire wiring loom and electronic control units for hundreds if not thousands of pounds which I can't believe is necessary. In the bundle of wires at the top hinge of the tailgate there seems to be half dozen black wires most if which look dodgy if not broken. If we put a live feed to the solenoid it does activate the switch and open the latch but working out where the fault is in the wires and which wire is key seems to be the problem.
Any help much appreciated. I am new to this forum
Thanks Ben
Currently in giblett's garage:
Sport Tourer dCi 100
  5 Lastest Threads by giblett
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Boot Latch - headache Bodywork Ralph 1 703 5th August 2013 02:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome