Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic '05 1.9 Dci - battery drain and key problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic '05 1.9 Dci - battery drain and key problem

I'd be interested in any feedback about a couple of unresolved problems I've had with my '05 Grand Scenic from new.

I've had to call out the AA a few times and the car has been back a couple of times due to a mystery battery drain (completely flat) that Renault couldn't explain. They replaced a "steering column computer" early September and up until yesterday the problem seemed to have gone away.

I've got to call the AA out again this morning as the battery, although not flat, hasn't got enough 'oomphf' to turn the engine over.

The dealers claim there is no battery drain but this car can't seem to cope unless it is being driven every day (I last used it 4 days ago).

We also have another occasional 'feature' where the car unlocks when being approached with the hands-free key card. The manual states that it shouldn't unlock until you place your hand in/under the door handles (i.e. to break the sensor).

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

When I last reported this we left the car with the dealer for a few days but they couldn't reproduce the fault. Unfortunately, it doesn't occur all the time and I don't want to return it until I can demonstrate this behavior.

Any advice/commiseration welcomed.

Currently in abel&mabel's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by abel&mabel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic '05 1.9 Dci - battery drain and key problem Electronics clayton 20 8764 11th October 2005 08:24 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome