Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Another bonnet stuck..

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Another bonnet stuck..

right, I removed the bonnet release lever from the interior form it's mounting...the cable is visible and is turning fully within the the cable is definately not broken. It's not possible to pull the cable any further from here as the cable sleeve is attached to the release holder.

So, the conclusion is the bonnet lock is stuck..maybe due to heavy rain and a bit of rust...and it's a while since I sprayed it so maybe the hot dry weather hasn't helped either.

I've managed to get the bonnet up 1/4 inch and spray into the gap the remains of a can of WD40..I've also poked in a long screw driver to try and lever the the release catch upwards..but I'm working blind here ...I can get a bit of a connection as something is flicking up and down..but no joy and I don't want to damage the paintwork.

The cable is fully extended and bouncing the bonnet etc isn't I'm rained off a bit so perhaps the WD40 might have done it's trick by the time it stops raining.

Any help would be welcomed...ideas on how to get at it from underneath or something

Currently in jacko1950's garage:
1999 T reg 1.6 sport. 8v. (K7M)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome