: Clio i.4 ( 05 ) fault error code 179

PATDEE
3rd May 2011, 01:45 PM
Hi i have been on this forum last with a fault but had no response, Clio service & airbag light on all the time. I have had it checked to day he used a snapon unit to test he cleared off all old faults and reset and just one now showing ( 179 ) Front side sensor curcuit off side no signal.. can any body tell me what this is....Thank's..

danthevan
3rd May 2011, 01:52 PM
I'd say that's a pretty conclusive "front o/s crash sensor no signal", ie: the front offside (driverside in the uk) sensor has a broken wire.
As for location, cant help, but probably in the front bumper/headlight/wing sort of area

PATDEE
3rd May 2011, 04:04 PM
Thank you Danthevan for your reply
It looks like what say, I have had a look in the Haynes Manual and i can see a Driver's side impact sensor in the wiring diagram with two wires to it. I've had a quick look under the bonnet and behind the grill but can't see any thing that i'm looking fore. Can anybody help me out with one.. Thank's..

danthevan
3rd May 2011, 04:08 PM
Can you not see the colours of the wires on the wiring diagram and trace it that way?
There isn't much on the bodywork over that side

PATDEE
3rd May 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi yes i can see the wiring from the impact sensor in the manual 2 wires one pink & one green gose back to the air bag modual that's by the gear lever with all the rest of the airbag system.

Paul Dengel
3rd May 2011, 04:22 PM
We had a similar problem on our Clio when it was new, it turned out to be the wiring under the seat which was something to do with the airbag. Whenever I drive the car I push the seat all the way back and this was disconecting the wire. Renault fitted a longer wire and the problem no longer exists.

danthevan
3rd May 2011, 04:25 PM
I seem to have every bit of info except for location!
All you can do (until you get an answer) is try and find a pink and a green wire that go into the wing / bumper sort of area

PATDEE
3rd May 2011, 04:39 PM
Thank's Danthevan I'll wait untill tomorrow and try to follow the wiring back from the airbag module into the loom and see wear it takes me. Thank's

PATDEE
5th May 2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Dantheman Sorry that i've not got back to you i have been trying to get back on with the when i can, I have found out that the o/side crash sensor is under the drivers seat bolted to the sill with the pink & green wires, I have removed the switch and unpluged it checked the pins nice and clean. In the Haynes Manual it also showes a crash sensor under the passenders seat very hard to get too i'm going to try check the wiring to that one to day. I have found a body shop not to far away i'll get their today and see if he will let try a crash sensor of his. ( with luck )