: magane II 1.5dci 2005

tomernobel
10th July 2011, 11:22 AM
after timing replacement i got this errors in the computer:

DF088 Flywheel signal information consistency
DF070 Camshaft/engine speed sensor consistency
DF099 Cylinder 1 injector circuit
DF090 Analogue To Digital Converter

could it be from maladjustment of the camshaft during the installation?

madnoel10
10th July 2011, 11:27 AM
If there is inconsistency bewteen the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft sensor then the fuel injection timing is likely to be incorrect.

If the camshaft is incorrectly timed it can bring up such a fault but so can a faulty sensors.:)

nurkov
11th July 2011, 10:23 AM
does the engine run? if so does it run normally?
I have changed cambelt on this car myself and not had any problems. Did you disconnect battery? was ignition on?

tomernobel
13th July 2011, 03:47 PM
well the car is not running as I use to... in low RPM the engine sometimes fidgeting. and it not pulling as before....

I didn't disconnect battery but the card was in the switch cause the mechanic asked me to release the driving wheel in the beginning.

cb3
13th July 2011, 04:24 PM
It is not running right since the cambelt change. Take it back to the garage where the job was done. On the evidence so far, first step should be to check the timing. Was the mechanic familiar with Renaults and did he have the (almost) essential timing pins? Checking requires removal of the top engine mount and upper part of the timing belt cover.

tomernobel
13th July 2011, 04:31 PM
its my fist time in this garage and im not sure about this guy at all. he didn't use timing pins for sure I saw him marking the location of the cog wheels with tipp-ex...he said that he will check it again but only by looking at the marks he did (he refuse to open the pins cups...
why is it so essential to use the pins? I asking so I can argue with him tomorrow

cb3
13th July 2011, 04:52 PM
Two pins are used, one to locate the camshaft position the other is screwed into the crankcase and locates on a crankshaft cheek. Because the timing belt sprocket is not keyed to the crankshaft the retaining bolt for the sprocket is tightened while the crankshaft is retained in the correct position by the timing pin. It is difficult to tighten the bolt and retain the correct timing without this pin.

Disgusted
14th July 2011, 12:52 PM
Timing is out, take it back.

The high pressure pump has to be timed as well on this engine.

I'm pretty sure ignition does not need to be on to release electronic steering lock.

jimbo72
9th January 2013, 08:29 PM
A year ago, I had my timming belt changed and the mechanics did the same thing, they got the car started to get it out of the workshop, but refused to start when i picked it up. they said that the timming was one notch forward and set to the correct position, they ended up having to put it back to where the found it. An ex renault technition, then rechecked it and set it properly. Since then, the car can sometimes, wont start on the first press of the button, but will start on the second press, is that the camshaft sensor? sorry, the car is 2004 renault scenic 1.5dci. James