Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Espace fuse link on battery terminal

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  madnoel10 
#1 ·
Hi all
I have the dreaded 2.2 dci engine 2004 seems to be quite popular on here,so I had an egr issue lack of power so after trawling on here I decide to remove and clean it being an electrician myself I thought no problem removed it cleaned it also while I was there I decided to take off inlet manifold as loads of gunk in there to , cleaned it no problem but the problem I got on refitting manifold I forgot to disconnected battery so manifold touched live connection on starter motor doh!!!! Blown crimped fuse link on battery terminal.
Put it all back together and put temporary link in while I try and find one phoned Renault they said I have got to change wiring loom?.and can't seem to find one anywhere.
So my question is is this true or has anyone come across this b4 cause I don't want to leave temporary fuse link in place if I can help it.

Thanks all

Oh by the way cleaning egr valve and inlet manifold has increased mpg so worth doin :))

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.Too true I probably will have to fit a fuse inline it's a 150 amp crimped fuse but what I can't understand why fit a fuse to a lead which you can't change unless you change whole lead ?????.why pay £3 for a fuse when you you can change loom for £500 lol I love Renault :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.