Independent Renault Forums banner

Earth fault?

Tags
earth fault
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  redren 
#1 ·
Whenever I indicate on my 1998 megane 1.9dti everything is as it should be until I press on the foot brake then (drivers side only) on the outside the rear indicator doesn't flash but the brake light does on the inside the indicator signals both audible and visual are faster and the rear fog light indicator flashes.
I had something very similar before and it was the earth point at the rear drivers side light cluster however I have used a wire disc on the body and wet and dry on the earth connection so they are both bright and shiny and I've screwed it in nice and tight but it has made no difference.
Can anyone help please?

#4 ·
Double check the connection block at the rear clusters - ensure all contact points are clean and none are a loose fitting. I had the exact same problem on my Clio a few months back.

Ideally you need a test light or multi-meter to check for voltage and continuity. You can buy a cheapo meter for around a tenner - best money you could spend plus it can be used to test household items.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.