Independent Renault Forums banner

Espace dashboard problem

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  UlsterConor 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I have two problems with my 2001 Espace 3 2.2dCi, which both are on the dashboard.

The most annoying and as we found out on the M6, the most dangerous is that we have no temperature gauge at all. It still sends off the warning light when the engine begins to overheat (that bit we found out on the M6 :d ) and with the key on, you can still check the oil level with that bargraph. I think it could be a sender unit.

Problem two : the trip display has removed 100 000km from the total mileage of the car which hasn't moved since then and the whole fuel consumption, distance covered and how many kilometres you have left from your tank simply doesn't show anything but 0. This happened after my mum hit a rather solid wild boar and has never worked right since we got the car back from the garage.

I am hoping that someone has run into at least one of these problems or has any idea what could be wrong as it has me stumped.

Thanks for your help :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.