Independent Renault Forums banner

Urgent help required with Navteq Sat Nav

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dave_mezza2006 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys, got an issue with the nav. it's an old 2002 disc but is still useful to me and I'll be updating in a week or so.
However, it was working fine yesterday and then nice we had loaded the boot, for some reason, it's useless. I'm sat in Essex now and yet the nav still thinks I'm in oxford!

*link removed by admin*

So, on mine, I have red clock,gps symbol, red circle (cd) and red tmc. I'm not sure I've had green tic, but deffo had green clock, cd and gps symbols earlier.
so I'm thinking I've hit something in the boot and dislodged something. Where do I start???
I'm taking the car on a 1k mile tour this week and it would be nice to have it as I know a lot of the roads I'll be on will be on the 10 year old maps!

Any help appreciated guys. TIA

Matt

#2 ·
OK, so I admit I didnt do anything other than click 'agree' on the forum rules but didnt see a problem, as Ive been on car forums for over 10 years... How a helpful link to an instruction manual is breaking the rules Ill never know!

Anyway. The Sat Nav is working again! It would appear that it didnt like me trying to store an address off of the map. A few days after this post, and a day or two after Id arranged to buy a replacement screen/cd and control off a guy on ebay for cheaps, it cured itself!

I took the car up to the lakes and halfway up the M11 it cured itself! It did play up a little but I still put that down to the clunky system and the out of date maps. Im thinking of investing in some up to date ones.

Thanks for all the replies! LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.