Independent Renault Forums banner

re-set little yellow spanner ?

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  greenside 
#1 ·
Hi last month I had new brake pads fitted (not by renault dealer) Guy did a good job , it all works fine - passed MOT etc - BUT as a result I now have a "CHECK HAND BRAKE" warning in the middle of my clocks and a little yellow spanner in the right hand clock - They both go out once I pull away and the auto hand brake releases, but it didnt used to be like that - now whenever I apply my hand brake, I get the Yellow Spanner - Any help getting rid of this would be very much appreciated.

#5 ·
this was caused by the person changing the pads to apply the handbrake before pumping the brake pedal to get the piston against the new pads

what has happened is the handbrake cables have retracted to far into the control box and have set off the warning.

all is fine now and all will be working ok, but the only way to turn off the 'check handbrake' is with the proper CLIP diagnostic system, the generic ones that read engine faults won't do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.