: Immobiliser Problems

Stuart Wilson
9th December 2006, 02:15 PM
My Renault Laguna (1995) 1.8RT won't start! I parked up last night and when I went to lock the car with the remote, it wouldn't lock! The engine subsequently immobilised and I now can't start the car!! I've changed the batteries in both remote keys and checked the immobiliser fuse. According to the manual, I can temporarily disable the immobiliser by entering a 4 digit code. Regretfully I don' t have this code, as I inheritted the car from my father-in-law, who died earlier this year.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Stuart

A former member
9th December 2006, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum

Other than contacting the DEALERSHIP who supplied the
car i don't know? the sales team of that dealership
may have records and may well be open at the weekend.

Hoping that another member may know
good luck!

SpaRky33
9th December 2006, 03:47 PM
Check the remote receiver eye for water, you need to slide the front panel forward, they are prone to water contamination from leaking roof aeriels.

Stuart Wilson
9th December 2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks Sparky. Tried that but unfortunately without success. Slid the remote receiver eye off, disconnected it, cleaned the contacts on the circut board and lense cover, but still no result.

SpaRky33
9th December 2006, 07:05 PM
It may be that the remote has gone out of sync, there is a guide on here for how to sort it, it's also in the handbook if you have one.

Stuart Wilson
9th December 2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks Sparky. However, from what I've read it requires the Renault Diagnostic computer to be connected to the vehicle before the key can be rephased.

Using some advice to check that the key is functioning, I've learn't that it is transmitting ok.

I've a feeling the local dealer is going to be the only solution!!

Thanks for your support.

Stuart

chris m
9th December 2006, 11:14 PM
welcome to the forum, please keep us updated so we can help others with similar problems

Stuart Wilson
10th December 2006, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking I might be best just to 'immobilise the immobiliser'. Does anyone know of how to do this? I beleive that one can buy some sort of kit to do this?

Stuart

SpaRky33
10th December 2006, 03:35 PM
There is a kit available on ebay (£85), there is a link somewhere on this forum, do a search on immobiliser.

Stuart Wilson
10th December 2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks. I'll have a look and see if I can order one.

Cheers

S

Stuart Wilson
11th December 2006, 10:42 AM
I contacted alarmremotes.co.uk and they were very helpful (Dave was the guy's name). However, I need to send them the vehicles ECU, along with key code and body type code. Should'nt be a problem and at cost of £85 I suppose aint bad!

However, he told me that if I get the immobiliser code and enter it, the immobiliser will be disarmed and stay disarmed until the next time the power is disconnected and reconnected ie battery flattened or disconnected. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? It seems a bit too simple and would achieve the same result as the bypass kit without spending £85!

Stu

SpaRky33
11th December 2006, 11:00 AM
As far as I'm aware, you need to enter the code each time you turn off the ingnition, the code is available from Renault for about £20, it's there as an emergency measure if your remote fails (battery and so on), the bypass they do on the immobiliser is permanent.

Stuart Wilson
11th December 2006, 11:06 AM
Sparky

That's what I thought, but Dave's advice was contrary. However, I'll give it a try this afternoon (once I get the code from the dealer!) and let you know.

Cheers

S

Stuart Wilson
12th December 2006, 08:01 AM
I had a major hassle with the local dealer getting the immobiliser code!

First they told me I needed to give them a key code. I gave them the key numbers (off the key's circuit board) and after much argument, they tried the last 4 digits which worked. However it produced 2 immobiliser codes!!

In the process of 'discussion' with them, they called the manager who told me they weren't allowed to give me the code! Then he told me that it wasn't recommended to manually bypass the immobiliser using the code! Then he told me I should get my car towed to the garage, they'd connect it to the diagnostic computer, order up a new key (which would take a week!) and then resynchronise the immobiliser! Estimated cost £350-400!!

However, using what I'd learnt from this forum and the cars handbook, I argued until they extracted the 2 codes from their system. The managers parting shot was that if I entered the wrong code, 'I'd shut the whole system down, permenantly'!! Tosser.

Thankfully, I'm happy to report that having manually entered the first code (using the accelerator and end of the w'screen wiper stalk), the immobiliser disarmed and allowed me to start the car! I am also happy to report that the immobiliser has remained disabled and has not automatically remarmed having removed the key!

S

SpaRky33
13th December 2006, 03:47 AM
Entering the code with the accelerater and the wiper stalk button is a new one, how did that work? (what did you do to enter it?)

Also, did they input the numbers off the key into their system to generate the code or where the last four digits of the key the code?

Stuart Wilson
13th December 2006, 11:00 AM
Sparky

Entering the code was described in the cars handbook but essentially requires one to turn the key in the ignition, depress, the accelerator and then push the button on the end of the wind screen wiper stalk a number of times equivalent to the first number of the 4 digit immobiliser code. One then releases the accelerator and then repeat the exercise for the second digit and so on. After entering the fourth digit and relasing the accelerator, the orange indicator light on the instrument panel stops flashing and stays constant. One can then start the car!

With regard to getting the immobiliser code, the dealer entered the last 4 digits of the key's number (as there was no 4 digit code number) into their system, along with the chassis number to get the immobiliser code.

SW:)

SpaRky33
13th December 2006, 02:46 PM
Oh is that how "one" does it?..lol only kidding :moonie:

Sounds like it could be worth creating a sticky on this in the guides, as on other models you use the central locking button to input the code.

Stuart Wilson
13th December 2006, 04:21 PM
Well 'two' could try, but I think 'one' should be sufficient!!:p

I've no idea how to 'post a sticky' but will look into, unless you're happy to do it??

Thanks

Stuart

SpaRky33
13th December 2006, 05:48 PM
It takes a mod or an admin to do it

Murt
18th December 2006, 09:03 AM
Sorry guys, i dont get this, is there a way to take away thew immobiliser pernamently?

I got water into my sensor last spring and have been putting in the 4 number code in the central lock button since (€400 at the Renault shop, no spank you).

What's this about a code with the windscreen wiper rod????

Stuart Wilson
18th December 2006, 11:35 AM
I'm afraid that my model of laguna (1995) may very well be different to your own. To manually bypass the immobiliser, you need to be guided by the owners handbook - in my cars' case I was able to permenantly disarm it by entering the immobiliser code as described previously in this thread ie using the accelerator and button on the end of the right hand stalk. It would appear that your car's system requires the entry of the code using the central locking button and that the disarming is only temporary.

If however, you want to permenantly disarm it and are happy to live without the immobilser, I would recommend you contact Dave Stock at alarmremotes.co.uk on 01388 815217. He can talk you through how to disconnect and send him your cars' ECU which he can reprogramme and return to you for £85. You will then be able to start the car without an immobiliser code.

Murt
18th December 2006, 05:09 PM
I'm afraid that my model of laguna (1995) may very well be different to your own. To manually bypass the immobiliser, you need to be guided by the owners handbook - in my cars' case I was able to permenantly disarm it by entering the immobiliser code as described previously in this thread ie using the accelerator and button on the end of the right hand stalk. It would appear that your car's system requires the entry of the code using the central locking button and that the disarming is only temporary.

If however, you want to permenantly disarm it and are happy to live without the immobilser, I would recommend you contact Dave Stock at alarmremotes.co.uk on 01388 815217. He can talk you through how to disconnect and send him your cars' ECU which he can reprogramme and return to you for £85. You will then be able to start the car without an immobiliser code.

I live in sweden so im not sure if this guy will be able to help me, ill ask around on the swedish boards if anyone over here does it.
What does this guy actually do for £85? Do you send him some of your card codes and he sends you back one to permamently override the code?
I press in my code via the central lock, but i noticed that the right hand lever has a press in top although in my car it's got no function as far as i can see.

MOTORWAY
18th December 2006, 11:40 PM
your immolizer not working its worth checking out
www.remote key.com/used by myself after months of headaches

bonedavid
19th December 2006, 09:44 AM
thread stickied as it provides good info concerning a problem that affects many members.

good work stuart

Stuart Wilson
19th December 2006, 11:46 AM
Murt

For £85, if you send them your cars ECU (immobiliser's computer) with the immobiliser code and key, Alarm Remotes can reprogramme the ECU, so it will permenantly permit the car to be started, simply by turning the key rather than having to use the remote key blipper or enter the immobiliser code manually.

I don't know if anyone else performs this work in Sweden, but if you're really stuck, you could always ship it to the UK. It's not a big unit (only about 15cm X 3cm).

Stuart

robster
24th December 2006, 12:04 AM
eBay.co.uk: RENAULT CLIO/LAGUNA/MEGANE/ALL VANS IMMOBILISER BYPASS (item 180064071592 end time 24-Dec-06 08:58:55 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-LAGUNA-MEGANE-ALL-VANS-IMMOBILISER-BYPASS_W0QQitemZ180064071592QQihZ008QQcategoryZ75329QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
came across the ebay link

goodwood2scenic
24th December 2006, 08:42 AM
your immolizer not working its worth checking out
www.remote key.com/used by myself after months of headaches

I think that link was Remote Key Fob Replacement (http://www.remotekey.co.uk/)

TheSon
30th December 2006, 09:36 AM
Newbee, first post. Hello! :)

My 1998 Clio 1.4 RT is doing just the same thing this morning! However the areal has leaked in the past so will check that one out first as there was quite a bit or rain last night here.

The options you guys are talking about all disable the immobiliser, has anyone found an actual working solution that literally makes the car as it was?

On my other car, Rover 200 Bubble, if you change the ecu, you require the 5AS (security box) and key fobs also, usually costs <£100 from a scrappy for the lot and the car is perfect again, is that not possible here, and if so does the clio have an equivalent 5AS?

Tom

PJC
30th December 2006, 09:01 PM
I have this problem on my R19 cabby - you can get the code from a renault dealership they may charge for this though (charged me £15) although when I originally phoned they claimed that they could not give the code - I spoke to renault customer services, who then phoned the dealer concerned and they relented and provided the code for the payment, I needed to produce my log book (and proof of ID) the code has worked - since putting the bypass code in I have not had to re enter the code (about 3 months know) I would like to get the system working back to how it should though (with the central locking/immobiliser etc).

(looks like the premiership is yours for the taking!!)

regards

Brian Dodds
1st January 2007, 04:58 AM
I own a 1995 Laguna, I live in New Zealand, the immobilizer is stuffed.
The Keys will not work, the dealers down here dont know what to do, they have suggested buying new keys $600 dollars a piece and a 3 week wait for import, if that doesnt work may need a new ECU they havent given me a price for that, hate to think how much.
Please if anyone knows how i can overide this problem in the meantime, Im an ambulance pilot and am having to borrow cars from other people until i get this thing resolved.
Please someone must know.

andrewjs1
1st January 2007, 01:29 PM
Is it true that unplugging the battery in the ca and reconnecting it then immobiliser may reset..enabling the car to start up.

Im currently having difficulty in getting my car de-mobilised.

Any help would be great

Andrew

alymor
5th January 2007, 12:21 AM
Andrew,
Anything's worth a try. However, I tried that tonight on my 1997 Laguna estate and not much happened.

You're not alone in this, there's loads of threads posted regarding this subject. As I see it you've three options:

1) Contact the main dealer and get an "emergency" code which should temporarily disable the immobilser - some threads state that this lasts months, some that it lasts only until you switch the ignition off, it may depend on model etc. They may charge a nominal fee of a few quid (£10-£20) but you have to supply them with some details like the chassis number and key number (mine is an infra red remote and the number is in ink on the pcb within the key fob). They may require you to take evidence of ownership etc. The method of entering this code varies between models.

2) Get the key "recoded" or synched with the ECU, this can be done by the main dealer or one of the handful of companies you can find on the net. I was quoted £82 to recode the plip by the main dealer and a further £90 if I had to buy a new plip. Other companies are about the same but you have to send them the immobiliser as well as the plip. Then again you're probably faced with the same problem as me - how the hell do you get your car to the main dealer, especially if they're reluctant to give you the immobiliser emergency code.

3) Permanently disable the immobiliser - this can be done by either sending your immobiliser and plips to several companies - just google immobiliser and renault - or the main dealer or look on ebay and for £100 you can get a kit that'll do it.

I'm an electronic engineer and I hate paying out for something like this but from the research I've done so far it looks like it's going to cost a minimum of £100. If you find otherwise I'd be interested.

There's one post by that sums it up quite well: http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/13677-immobiliser-issue-look-here.html

Good luck.

andrewjs1
6th January 2007, 10:21 AM
Following a horrible car-less week and a half i have finally been able to start my car, after going down to renault and getting my code for free :d i then bought a recieveer while i was there. im so glad to have got it started.

Only problem now is that i found a fresh leak and i didnt ring work this morning to tell them i wouldnt be in.....guess who will be in jobless land soon as poss lol

Just wanna say thanks to everyone and ill be here to help if need be.

Andy

shellsbells
9th January 2007, 09:27 AM
Sorry guys, i dont get this, is there a way to take away thew immobiliser pernamently?

I got water into my sensor last spring and have been putting in the 4 number code in the central lock button since (€400 at the Renault shop, no spank you).

What's this about a code with the windscreen wiper rod????
Had problem last night with Megane Scenic 1999, would not open door with key fob, tried my husbands spare, with same result, car will not start, phoned local garage who told us that the sensor is in the roof and on models with sunroofs, water gets in the sensor and causes problems, he suggested waiting a while and then retrying it.

coupe
31st January 2007, 02:58 PM
This reply is a bit late I know, but it still will help the countless others that will ask this question

If you change the batteries in the remote, you only have 15 seconds in which to do so AND point it at the receiver, after this time it loses it's memory, and needs reprogramming.

This will of course leave you stranded and you will need to input the 4 digit bypass code, you won't noramlly have this as even the person who bought the car brand new wasn't issued with it.

Your main dealer will want an average of £20 - £30 to give you this number, but you have to go to the dealer with your V5 and 2 proofs of ID.

I can provide this number to you without you divulging either your VIN number or even your Reg number, I just need the code from inside your key, and the vehicle type code.

I think this number should be provided with the car, and for free. Apparently in other contries it is supplied on a card when the car is new.

gingermart
2nd February 2007, 07:24 AM
Finished work at 9pm last night and went to my laguna 2 1.8 16v dynamique and the key card (radio type) opened the doors but found that immobiliser light on dash was flashing

constantly,car won't start:mad:

asked the other half to bring spare key over ,did not make any difference.

Was not sure if disconnecting car battery was right thing to do so i called RAC out

hour later RAC arrive,explained to him,

"i will disconnect battery to reset ecu that might do it"
it did
so questions are

1) do i need to go to renault and let them fault find?
2)Is this likely to carry on until i do?
3)carry a 10mm ring spanner with me all the time to disconnect battery?

coupe
2nd February 2007, 07:56 AM
carry a spanner

fugglestone
4th February 2007, 02:27 PM
I've got the code from inside the key.
What is the vehicle type code?
I'ts a megane 1.6 Rt, 1996 p reg.
thanks.

broombroom
15th February 2007, 02:27 PM
Hi guys.
My 2000 Laguna 1.6 RT has been the bane of my life since buying it back in August. It's been one stupid thing after another.
Anyway - wouldn't ya know the immobiliser isn't working. The key light comes on as normal when pressed (both the normal and spare key) but the car won't unlock.
(Luckily), since the crash, the central locking occasionally doesn't work on one of my back doors - so i managed to get into the car and open it via the switch inside (as it won't open by key :/).
So basically I can't lock my car BUT it's still starting - which is the part that's confusing me - if the immobiliser isn't working how's the car starting.
I need help on what to do next.
Thanks for your time,
Fran

broombroom
15th February 2007, 03:02 PM
Also I just noticed that when you sit into the car and press the button on the key the doors lock and then re-open. Press the button again and they all lock and re-open...etc...etc..
Then get out of the car and press the button and guess what - nothing happens.
Sheesh. What to do?

its_green
17th February 2007, 12:43 PM
I had a problem this morning , the plip would not unlock the doors and when I unlocked them manually, the interior lights kept flashing. Also the relay (in the immobiliser box behind the fuses) kept clicking. I checked the IR reciever above the rear view mirror and it was full of water! Got a hairdryer onto it and everything is working again.

bagpiper
19th February 2007, 08:49 PM
Also I just noticed that when you sit into the car and press the button on the key the doors lock and then re-open. Press the button again and they all lock and re-open...etc...etc..
Then get out of the car and press the button and guess what - nothing happens.
Sheesh. What to do?

Hello, sound like the battery is low and has reduced the range.Try a new battery, hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jat.

broombroom
20th February 2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah I tried replacing the battey but no dice. Couldn't get into the car at the other day so it's gone to my local renault dealer on the back of a tow truck :(
Thanks for your help anyway.

Bryan Craig
21st February 2007, 07:52 PM
This reply is a bit late I know, but it still will help the countless others that will ask this question

If you change the batteries in the remote, you only have 15 seconds in which to do so AND point it at the receiver, after this time it loses it's memory, and needs reprogramming.

This will of course leave you stranded and you will need to input the 4 digit bypass code, you won't noramlly have this as even the person who bought the car brand new wasn't issued with it.

Your main dealer will want an average of £20 - £30 to give you this number, but you have to go to the dealer with your V5 and 2 proofs of ID.

I can provide this number to you without you divulging either your VIN number or even your Reg number, I just need the code from inside your key, and the vehicle type code.

I think this number should be provided with the car, and for free. Apparently in other contries it is supplied on a card when the car is new.
I am having a similar problem , I have pai8d £15.00 for the code and my car now goes but I find it a massive problem putting in the code at least 12 times a day. Is there a cheap and easy way round this!

RickyT
28th February 2007, 04:27 PM
I've had the same problem, raining in the morning and come the afternoon the remote won't respond, stripped down and tested the Key and the receiver and apart from signs of water on the receiver couldn't find anything amiss, cleaned up the receiver and put it back but to no avail, i used the code to get it going again but want to have it fixed properly, is it possible to fit a new receiver and reprogram your old key to "fit" it?

Oh hi by the way, :)

PG271
3rd March 2007, 02:30 PM
Quite a long story this...

Three years ago the key wouldn't unlock my 1996 Laguna and I had it towed to a Renault dealer who replaced the infra-red receiver, which had water in it, and charged me £250 (I sealed the leak at the aerial myself after the dealer told me it might take three or four hours at £45/hour to find the source of the leak). Everything okay until last December when the same thing happened again, although there was no evidence of another leak, and both keys were working properly. There was no way I was spending the same £250 (or more) on a 10-year old car so I bought the infra-red receiver from Just Renaults, Walsall for £23 and fitted it myself. This did not make the keys work however and after surfing around the various forums found the message from a Renault employee telling me that the immobiliser code was available. Decided to mail Renault customer service who replied to say that most dealers did not give out the code on safety grounds and that I should take the car to a Renault dealer. I replied to say that surely all, and not just most, Renault dealers would not give the code if there was a safety issue involved as well as including the story from the Renault employee. Their next mail told me that the code was available after all but only through a Renault dealer, and that specialist equipment would be required to input the code. I spoke to the manager at the local dealer who was cool and agreed that I could visit with the car documents and ID to get the code. When I turned up the guy there was adamant that no codes were given out and thought that his manager must have thought I was asking for the radio code, this was untrue as I had a detailed conversation with the manager about the immobilser. I told him that I also had a mail from Renault saying that the code was available and he insisted on seeing a copy of the mail. As I went to get the mail he asked if I knew it would cost £15 for the code...30 seconds earlier he was telling me that codes were not given out, so how did he know the cost? I gave him the Renault mail and he insisted on photocopying this along with my car documents before giving me the code - £15 (+VAT) for about 20 seconds work. He then asks why I want the code and I tell him because my immobiliser won't work and I don't want to pay inflated Renault prices for repair. His parting shot was that there was nothing I could do with only the code, that specialist equipment was required. The specialist equipment in question is a right foot and right arm as using the accelarator pedal and button on the wiper stalk allowed me enter the immobilser code and start the car. I have not had to enter the code again and open the car using the key manually. As shown frequently on this and other forums it seem that Renault have an agenda to try to force owners to have their cars repaired at overpriced dealers, all very cosy for them, and the dealers themselves will try to the last to not give out information that could do them out of an inflated repair bill. The customer services trying to palm me off initially before relenting in the face of facts is totally out of order and does nothing for their public relations. When working well I really like the Laguna and have enjoyed driving it but this episode and other expensive repair bills have made me think that my next car won't be a Renault...

Sorry for rambling on a bit but I wanted to let others with the immobiliser problem, and there seems to be a few, know that you don't always have to be held to ransom by Renault.

Cheers

petermeakin
5th March 2007, 07:44 PM
my Cleo hasn't got central locking but it says it does in the manual an theres wires leading from the key hole. how do i find out if it does or not

bricuda
10th March 2007, 08:45 AM
i had the same problem with my guna and asked a friend to come and give me a tow, i had nothing at all on the blip, i was in an awkward position so we pushed the car about 12 feet to get the tow rope on and when i got out of the car i bliped it (force of habit) and it worked!! dont know why but its worked ever since. its got to be worth a go. good luck

teresa
27th March 2007, 05:04 PM
My Renault Laguna (1995) 1.8RT won't start! I parked up last night and when I went to lock the car with the remote, it wouldn't lock! The engine subsequently immobilised and I now can't start the car!! I've changed the batteries in both remote keys and checked the immobiliser fuse. According to the manual, I can temporarily disable the immobiliser by entering a 4 digit code. Regretfully I don' t have this code, as I inheritted the car from my father-in-law, who died earlier this year.

Stuart

ive just had the same problem, i took it to

teresa
27th March 2007, 05:07 PM

Stuart

ive just had the same problem, i took the key to a garage that fixes renaults and they said the connection for the immobilisor had brok inside the key, they fixed it for me and my car now works fine it only cost me a tenner, apparently they are prone for this to happen you have to keep the key away from heat/cold dont bang it and dont put it in your pocket, hope this helps

teresa
27th March 2007, 05:10 PM
ive just had the same problem, i took the key to a garage that fixes renaults and they said the connection for the immobilisor had brok inside the key, they fixed it for me and my car now works fine it only cost me a tenner, apparently they are prone for this to happen you have to keep the key away from heat/cold dont bang it and dont put it in your pocket, hope this helps

you can get your code if you take your id and the vehicle licence to a renault dealer and the should give you it for around a tenner, but unless you get a new key around £90 each you will have to put hte code in every time you start the car

playazclubz
3rd April 2007, 07:40 PM
PG271 - I seem to have the same problem that you have been having - ironically i'm from Walsall as well!

Can you provide me with advice for getting my Immobiliser code, and also how exactly I can input this code once I have it.

Thanks in advance...

PS Do Renault not read these forums?!

PG271
3rd April 2007, 08:51 PM
Phone your local Renault dealer to tell them that you're coming round to get the code. Turn up with your vehicle documents and photo id and they'll give you the code.

If the dealer won't budge mail renault customer services and get them to confirm that you can have the code.

Good luck!

playazclubz
3rd April 2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the advice PG - I am determined to get my car on the road as I haven't even drove it yet! (Only got insured on sunday!!)

Quick Q - would the immobiliser code be in the original Renault documentation / receipt as I seem to have all these?

ChrisG_UK
4th April 2007, 03:28 PM
There are several threads here with advice on determining the immobiliser code. For example:

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/18638-infra-red-central-locking-immobiliser-some-answers.html

Renault dealers are also supposed to provide the code to owners on request for a small charge.

The procedure for manual entry of the code varies from model to model.

PG271
4th April 2007, 06:12 PM
Playazclubz

I have heard that the immobiliser code is on a scratch panel tear-off strip at the front of the owner's manual but that most dealers remove this before handing over the new car...

Cheers

playazclubz
4th April 2007, 06:52 PM
Just checked my Clio manual and no code is present :(
I'm off to get a new battery.. i'll let you know how I get on with getting my car to start... the saga continues.

paps1976
5th May 2007, 01:19 PM
This is a long story but i will try and keep it short.

I have a year 2000 renault kangoo van, 1.9 deisel, this uses an RF type key fob.

It has this week given up and i cant immobilise the car or undo the central locking. I can get in manually but have as yet been unable to get the van started.

I have obtained a new fob on ebay and Hickley Valtone are going to try and reprograme it for me, but they said they needed the locking code which this morning i have obtained from the local dealership, not without the same hassle that as been experienced by others.

I now have this four digit numerical code, but can't find anywhere in my manual how to input it into the van to unlock the immobilser.

I just want to get it started to get it to hickleys or even better if it permanently unlocks the immobilser then even better.

Does anyone out there know how to input the unlock code into the van?

Please help, i need my van on the road!!

Bryan Craig
5th May 2007, 10:21 PM
I have an S Reg Megame 1.9 and I use the Central Locking switch on the dash. Turn on egnition and watch red immobiliser light top centre of speedo console, press and hold central locking button either way and count the red flashes to correspond to your new code - release and re press after each number. When ou have all the numbers punched in the red light will come on and the van will start.
Let me know how you get on ( bryancraig@<hidden>)

paps1976
6th May 2007, 11:03 AM
Hi, Thanks for the info, i have tried it nut unfortunately doesnt seem to work. However when i turn the ignition on the immobiliser flashes alot quicker and it is impossible to count accurately.

I have now taken the covers of of the steering column, and checked all of the connections, which seem ok. But this is the weird bit there are four cables going to the ignition barrel, red yellow orange and earth. About 10" down these cables from the barrel was a lot of insulation tape. This seemed odd to an i was beginning to wonder whether a previous owner had had the barrel changed, so i removed it to satisfy my curiosity. Underneath (and this looks original) was a link wire from the red to the yellow cable and this has snapped off. (this seems to me a possible cause as my problem with the immobilser has slowly got worse over months). i tried joining the cable back up by holding it there and turning the key. But i still have no joy with the immobilser. I am now thinking, resolder this cable on and disconnect the battery to see if this will reset anything.

Does anyone out there have any ideas at all, as this is baffling me and i could be facing being stitched up by our friendly renault dealership?:confused:

Bryan Craig
6th May 2007, 06:04 PM
Give me a ring on 01228 710020
Bryan

adwb
9th May 2007, 05:35 PM
I also have faulty kangoo imobiliser, did you get yours fixed yet?
I have the input code procedure if you still need it.
Alistair
[
QUOTE=paps1976;174341]Hi, Thanks for the info, i have tried it nut unfortunately doesnt seem to work. However when i turn the ignition on the immobiliser flashes alot quicker and it is impossible to count accurately.

I have now taken the covers of of the steering column, and checked all of the connections, which seem ok. But this is the weird bit there are four cables going to the ignition barrel, red yellow orange and earth. About 10" down these cables from the barrel was a lot of insulation tape. This seemed odd to an i was beginning to wonder whether a previous owner had had the barrel changed, so i removed it to satisfy my curiosity. Underneath (and this looks original) was a link wire from the red to the yellow cable and this has snapped off. (this seems to me a possible cause as my problem with the immobilser has slowly got worse over months). i tried joining the cable back up by holding it there and turning the key. But i still have no joy with the immobilser. I am now thinking, resolder this cable on and disconnect the battery to see if this will reset anything.

Does anyone out there have any ideas at all, as this is baffling me and i could be facing being stitched up by our friendly renault dealership?:confused:[/QUOTE]

augusto
9th May 2007, 06:39 PM
I have a similar problem last week in my Laguna Privilege. Key with transponder lost sync. I only disconnected battery for a few minutes. Then reconnect and transponder re-sync.

Hope it is same problem and you fix it :)

paps1976
9th May 2007, 07:10 PM
Hi, Yes that would be fantastic if you can provide me with the input code procedure.
The van is now with the local dealership, had no choice, have to have van on road asap as i am moving house (it all happens at once!!).
They are providing me with a new key but i may use the code anyway so i dont have any further problems.
If you can let me know asap i will try it. thanx in advance Paul

mus7y
11th May 2007, 10:27 PM
Hi guys
first post but long time reader. I had an immobiliser problem for a long time on my clio II - basically the car would just turn over but not start and the immobiliser light wouuld just flash really fast (indicating the immobiliser is still armed).
Renault said it would cost circa 600 pounds to fix the immobiliser and reprogramme to the key!!!
I found alarmremotes.co.uk from this very thread and had it sorted for 85 quid. I basically removed the immobiliser ECU and sent it off to them. Lovely friendly guy called David.

If you have this problem, dont bother with renault dealerships. for the price they quote you can fit the bypass and fit a spanking new alarm with immobiliser if you're concerned about security.

blissmusic
23rd May 2007, 05:05 PM
I have late 1999 Clio 1.2 Alize, and had a nightmare problem with immobilizer. The red light remained on permanently. After much back and forth to garage etc. It was found :
1) Battery if disconnected and or allowed to go flat by trying to start too many times will allow the immobilizer to reset to normal. Maybe the key should be left in ignition while battery is disconnected ( remember that radio code will be lost if you disconnect battery)

2) Many potential problems with the internal circuit board inside key. As the key get older circuit board is subjected to flexing due to remote door press function of key.

3) Dissassemble the key, clean away any sand or dirt from circuit and batter terminal points and check to see if:
a) door remote switch works. ,by pressing button on micro chip sized microswitch.
b) also check to see if the ignition decode chip still functions. Try holding the circuit carefully against battery part of the key ie; as if the Top door button was not connected to upper part of key. ( remember to get circuit the right side toward battery or you may damage small componets on it.) Turn key to see if red light immobilizer on dashpod stop fashing and then try to start engine.

4) If ignition works, and door opens then key is still basically functional.

5) However here is the rub, often when the key is re- assembled into the whole key shell shape, the function of either door remote, ignition, or both may cease to act correctly.

6) I found by only loosely placing both halves of key shell together the functions of both door and ignition are made to work.

7) Now get a new key ordered fast now because this is like a will get you home fixer up method.

I hope if you find you are stranded that this may help some people.

Many Renault workshops are less tha help ful wanting you to rent cars for long period etc, while keys are fabricated in far away places. And then charge you for their time labour etc.

I must say that the components within the key are very very basic, costing just about 1 dollar to make and assemble I would think. And I cannot see how they can justify prices of over £120 for a coded single key!! RIP OFF big time.

Good luck.

dnomaids18
20th June 2007, 08:27 PM
:mad: I've got a car Renault Megane 1.4. The problem is immobiliser: sometimes red light is flashing,sometimes not.When the light is flashing I enter 4 digit security code,but even after that it is impossible to start the car. After a while, I try again to start the car,without entering code,it works! Reseting of battery doesn't help!I don't have central lock. I have no idea what is wrong with the car,why does immobiliser send such errors!please help me!

mus7y
21st June 2007, 09:30 PM
dnomaids, if its definitely your immobiliser, just get it disabled. there are many links to websites of companies that will do it for around 90quid

either that or pay renault 500 quid to fix it.

you will know its the immobiliser if the immobiliser light wont turn off and/or flashes quickly when you turn the key to II.

okbay.co.uk
11th August 2007, 12:48 PM
You are not going to believe this but I had the same problem and I fixed it with a staple!

Heres the story

As a lot of readers will know the plip was not opening the car doors or deactivating the immobiliser, I took out the circuit board from the roof unit and I noticed a lot of the components were covered in green rot, I sprayed the unit with WD40 and left it to dry, I then saw after the green stuff had disappeared that one of the receptors was bent I touch it very gently to have a closer look and it fell off in my hand, I put the unit back together hoping that this would not affect it working but it did not work.

I took the unit back out and after a while of thinking what could I do to fix the circuit and a little hunting round the house to find a piece of metal around the right size I stumbled across my stapler, I took out a staple straighten it up and placed it under the black plastic thing that the receptors are attached to in such a way that it was covering the joints where the receptor that broke should have been attached to.

I put the unit back in the car and hey presto the plip worked and the car started, No problems since and this as been around 2 months.

Now I don't know if its the staple that doing the trick or if it was just that the unit had had more time to dry but I am not touching it to find out which, I am leaving it well alone while it works.

sparki1
18th November 2007, 08:58 PM
Or as an alternative, rather than struggling to remove the fuse box/body unit, You could just send the ECU from the engine bay to somone like myself, who will remove the Immobiliser from it so it will never play up again.
Cost about £120.:) :) Petrol only at the moment.

okbay.co.uk
18th November 2007, 10:05 PM
Or as an alternative, rather than struggling to remove the fuse box/body unit, You could just send the ECU from the engine bay to somone like myself, who will remove the Immobiliser from it so it will never play up again.
Cost about £120.:) :) Petrol only at the moment.

If doing this remember it may affect your insurance

Revlac
1st December 2007, 04:10 PM
If you are sure it is the Immobiliser try these people..Car Alarm remotes & immobiliser keys (http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk)

swfcowl5
7th December 2007, 08:38 PM
I've had the same problem, raining in the morning and come the afternoon the remote won't respond, stripped down and tested the Key and the receiver and apart from signs of water on the receiver couldn't find anything amiss, cleaned up the receiver and put it back but to no avail, i used the code to get it going again but want to have it fixed properly, is it possible to fit a new receiver and reprogram your old key to "fit" it?

Oh hi by the way, :)
dont have to buy a new receiver if your lucky unclog your drain gulleys from sunroof dry out your ir receiver overnight or with hair dryer but not too hot and then undo your aerial bolt from inside car obviously then take it off and under aerial on outside put some sealant there to stop rain getting onto receiver again, if still no luck go to local scrappy first for a ir receiver and try that, it will not need programming the ir receiver hope this helps thanks.

swfcowl5
7th December 2007, 09:12 PM
I have late 1999 Clio 1.2 Alize, and had a nightmare problem with immobilizer. The red light remained on permanently. After much back and forth to garage etc. It was found :
1) Battery if disconnected and or allowed to go flat by trying to start too many times will allow the immobilizer to reset to normal. Maybe the key should be left in ignition while battery is disconnected ( remember that radio code will be lost if you disconnect battery)

2) Many potential problems with the internal circuit board inside key. As the key get older circuit board is subjected to flexing due to remote door press function of key.

3) Dissassemble the key, clean away any sand or dirt from circuit and batter terminal points and check to see if:
a) door remote switch works. ,by pressing button on micro chip sized microswitch.
b) also check to see if the ignition decode chip still functions. Try holding the circuit carefully against battery part of the key ie; as if the Top door button was not connected to upper part of key. ( remember to get circuit the right side toward battery or you may damage small componets on it.) Turn key to see if red light immobilizer on dashpod stop fashing and then try to start engine.

4) If ignition works, and door opens then key is still basically functional.

5) However here is the rub, often when the key is re- assembled into the whole key shell shape, the function of either door remote, ignition, or both may cease to act correctly.

6) I found by only loosely placing both halves of key shell together the functions of both door and ignition are made to work.

7) Now get a new key ordered fast now because this is like a will get you home fixer up method.

I hope if you find you are stranded that this may help some people.

Many Renault workshops are less tha help ful wanting you to rent cars for long period etc, while keys are fabricated in far away places. And then charge you for their time labour etc.

I must say that the components within the key are very very basic, costing just about 1 dollar to make and assemble I would think. And I cannot see how they can justify prices of over £120 for a coded single key!! RIP OFF big time.

Good luck.

Ive got an even easier way of having a new key for well over half price of renault, basically you guys remeber the tv/video watch from casio which are still available from argos, well there is an option in the watch where you can programme the watch to receive a infrared signal and store it into watch, so what you do is take your renault key put watch into the mode needed to receive code and then click once and it will store in the watch and guess what, yes you guessed it when you go onto the mode needed on watch and press the button you programmed key to it unlocks and locks car and it deactivates/activates immobiliser then just use your normal key to start car hope this helps also if you need one of the watches i can offer them even cheaper than argos which retail at around £40 yes cheaper i say any more help needed contact me swfcowl5@<hidden> cheers

okbay.co.uk
7th December 2007, 11:29 PM
I can't see the watch thing working the keys send a different single each time, A thousand singles are rotated in sequence so the watch would have to store all 1000 and know which one to send next.

swfcowl5
8th December 2007, 12:42 AM
tried and tested method

benpicot
8th December 2007, 08:10 PM
Hi All

I have the same problem as mentioned here.

Battery went flat as I left the lights on. When I got back the car would not start as had to be towed back.

Was told that the immobilisor was stuck on.

Managed to get hold of the program to get the immobilisor code. Which would the car will accept I can even resync the pilp to the car but will it start!

All I get is the light on the dash for the immobilisor flashing.

Anyway if anyone needs the codes to enter contact me.

Oh and if you have any ideas on how to fix my car can you let me know.

Thanks
Ben:mad:

blissmusic
10th December 2007, 05:47 PM
:mad: I've got a car Renault Megane 1.4. The problem is immobiliser: sometimes red light is flashing,sometimes not.When the light is flashing I enter 4 digit security code,but even after that it is impossible to start the car. After a while, I try again to start the car,without entering code,it works! Reseting of battery doesn't help!I don't have central lock. I have no idea what is wrong with the car,why does immobiliser send such errors!please help me!

The rogue Clio has again let me down and the car immobilizer will not stop flashing. Renault have a lot to answer for! Why do they have a immobilizer that cannot be dissabled easily by owner? Why do we have to pay for information code about our own vehicle? Why does a small circuitboard key cost over £100? It's time that a class action case was raised against Renault for poor customer service and a lousy design of immobilizer. I would rather risk having my car stolen that have the bother I have had with this stupid immobilizer design. A friend of mine told me that car crooks will not even attempt to steal a Clio, they have more success with expensive Mercedes models than a low cost Clio. This is a stupid problem and Renault needs to get it's act together and offer a solution to all Clio owners. My own Renault dealer / garage want's me to Grua my car 25 Km to their garage. Then wait 20 days for a key that cost £100, and they also said they have no guarantee that this will fix the problem when it arrives. This is madness! Anybody got a better idea apart from torching the Clio? Dave.

rugby welsh
10th December 2007, 11:46 PM
please can you help. entered the wrong code three times due to a stupid advice from renault in cardiff. i know have the corect code or so i am told,but the red light on the cl stays the same its as if the thing has civen me 3 strikes and your out i cant enter any code now, is there away to reset it? please

blissmusic
11th December 2007, 09:36 AM
I am sorry you are in the same boat as so many Renault owners. Renault treat customers like dirt. They just make money out of misery created by poor bad "French" design. If you have ever had to live or work with French people you will know just how arrogant and unpleasant the whole nation is. Their leading car manufacture is no different. Vote with you feet and wallet never buy another Renault and tell others to follow your lead. I think you should demand good service from your Renault dealer, why be treated like a dog my some "prat" behind a desk! Good luck my friend, but I doubt you will ever get anything for free from Renault, because they are so "French" and so arrogant.

Powell14
11th December 2007, 01:43 PM
I got Immobiliser problems with my Megane.

They are getting me a new key for the car as we speak, should be ready 21st, but if that does not solve the problem they can forget it if they think I'm paying for the key.

Do they not diagnose the problem before they send out for the new key?

rugby welsh
11th December 2007, 11:27 PM
ok answering my own question here 3 strikes and your out imobiliser shuts down i left the battery off all night car is in garage went dow this morning reconected the battery still couldnt enter the code i took the ecu unit off the car had some tin foil put it acros all the conections put it back on sad still the same in temper i pressed the cl lots of times then it worked entered the code car started ok now the thing i pulled out the key left it for five miuits car started done it i thaught no after 10 minuits imobiliser comes back in tryed this severel times yes 10 minuits there it is i remembered that if i left the key on the first click of the barrel imobiliser stays off so i took the chip and batterys out of the key left it on the first turn in the ignition and all day long the imobiliser stays off soo all i have to do is rewire the barrel so that the clock and radio stays on when i take out the key can turn radio off manualy so only clock is on no batery draqin there what i meen is if you keep it live you wont have to punch in the code every time but mine is an n reg older newer renaults may have allready thaught of this who knows? works for me this site saved me lots hope i can do the same for others

Jon-UK-RAH
16th December 2007, 12:08 PM
Having the same problems with my 19, but it is intermittent. When it doesn't work the central locking just stops working, even from the inside and engine wont start. I've just been turning engine over while in gear and the resulting jerk gets it going after a few tries.

Have been to my local dealer, who I have to say have been really helpful. They found the code out for me but said I had to input it via a flashing LED on dash and the central locking button inside the car. Thing is I have no flashing LED!! They had a look at it for me but none of the guys there on a Saturday had worked on the 19. So they have given me the code free and said to call on Monday and their older mechanic might know how to do it. OK they didn't fix it but much more help than ford dealers have been with problems on my old transit and didn't charge me!!

So, does anyone know how you input the code to disable the immobiliser on a R19??

RastaAndy
23rd December 2007, 12:09 PM
the immobiliser has shut down and i cant start the car i can lock the car and un-lock the car but thats it, the car still will not start does any one no how to re-set the Immobiliser ???:steam:

swfcowl5
23rd December 2007, 04:44 PM
the immobiliser has shut down and i cant start the car i can lock the car and un-lock the car but thats it, the car still will not start does any one no how to re-set the Immobiliser ???:steam:

have you got the ir plip key and if so i can supply code to get you going again

LagunaSPPriv
23rd December 2007, 05:46 PM
I'm guessing the car wont turn over at all?
I had a similar problem with a 1997 2.0 Safrane, The only reponse I got from the car was a grating noise followed by the voice synthesiser "Engine Immobliser, Faulty operation, Consult your Renault Dealer!" OR "WARNING! the engine immobliser is set, you cannot start the engine, refer to handbook" Renault fixed the problem, but it was fairly expensive, as are most Renault repairs.

RastaAndy
23rd December 2007, 09:28 PM
have you got the ir plip key and if so i can supply code to get you going again

hi thank you for getting back to me, where can i find this plip key ?? as i dont think i have it i have a list of key numbers but thay dont say plip key !!

RastaAndy
23rd December 2007, 10:38 PM
Do you have an Infra Red Remote Key? Have the batteries died in your key? Have you changed the batteries in your key? Has your key become damaged? Have you subsequently found that now the key will not disarm your immobiliser?

I can now provide your immobiliser 4 digit bypass code if your key has failed, this will enable you to continue to use your car until such time as your key has been recoded to your vehicle. This system is guaranteed to work and I will only charge £9.99 for the service, your dealer or independent garage will charge up to £30 and most (not all) will insist you have to go to them with your proof of ID, I can do it on line in minutes.

You can use this bypass method for as long as you need, there is no limit as to how many times you can use it, there is only one code and it will never change.

In the rest of Europe this code is provided to the original purchaser of the car, in this country it is not, this is purely for financial reasons (you have to pay for it), not security reasons,

It is a system that is incorporated for emergency situations, such as those mentioned above. Do you really want to find yourself in the situation where you are stranded miles away from home with no way to start your car? This code takes approximately 15 seconds to enter.

Even if your key hasn't failed as yet, this is worth having as a back up in case it ever does. IF it does fail you will be stranded, it happened to me.

All you need to do is provide the following information with your payment:

Your car type, this is an identification number of the body type, eg. DAOH for a 96 - 99 Megane Coupe 2.0 16v, you will find this at position 9 on the oval identification plate:

See attachments for locations.

1995 - 1997 Code at position 8
1997 - Code at position 9

And the code on the sticker inside your key
(this may also be moulded into the plastic),
This can also be found at the front of your service book (supplementary key number).

Example of key numbers:

Clio - P874B34-162

Laguna - p3062a6-1m5

Megane - 04311sT8LL

I will also provide key re-sync instructions for free, this is not guaranteed to work hence being free, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, if it doesn't you will need to have your key reprogrammed at your local Renault dealer.

How to enter the immobiliser code manually (central locking button).

1) Switch on the ignition

2) Press and hold the central locking button on the dash/centre consol, Immobiliser led stops rapid blinking and starts to blink slowly

3) Count the blinks to enter the unlock code number (e.g. if number is 1234, press and hold for 1 blink then release, press and hold for 2 blinks then release and so on), after the required number of blinks has been counted, that represent the individual numbers, release, then enter the next.

4) Once the 4th number has been entered, the immobiliser LED will stay on for a few seconds, then go off, then it will come back on and stay on, you can now start the car.

How to enter the immobiliser code manually (no central locking button).

2) Press and hold the accelerator pedal fully, press the button on end of stalk, Immobiliser led stops rapid blinking and starts to blink slowly

3) Count the blinks to enter the unlock code number (e.g. if number is 1234, press and hold for 1 blink then release pedal, press and hold for 2 blinks then release and so on), after the required number of blinks has been counted, that represent the individual numbers, release, then enter the next.

4) Once the 4th number has been entered, the immobiliser LED will stay on for a few seconds, then go off, then it will come back on and stay on, you can now start the car.

Key Test

Carry this out prior to trying to resynchronise.

Point the key at a camera, the camera on your phone is the easiest to use, then press the button on the key, you should see a light being emitted from the infra red bulb, if you do not see this, either the batteries are dead or the key is faulty.

Here is how to resynchronise the key once you have the code:

2) Press hold the central locking button on the dash, Immobiliser led starts to blink slowly

3) Count the blinks to enter the unlock code number, after the required number of blinks has been counted,
that represent the individual number, make a short pause, then enter the next

4) Once the 4th number has been entered, the immobiliser LED will stay on for a few seconds, then go off, turn the ignition off, then press and hold the central locking button, the doors will lock and then unlock and the LED will stay on for a few seconds, during this time aim the plip key at the sensor and keep pressing until the doors lock and then unlock again.

The car should have now relearned the key code.

5) If it works, press and hold the central locking button to complete programming (doors will lock and then unlock).

If you have no central locking button on the dash/center consol, follow the above procedure but use the accelerator pedal, to start the sequence, and after each number has been input, press the button on the end of the wiper stalk

Please carry out this test BEFORE purchasing

If your vehicle has a central locking button on the dash:

Switch on the ignition, press and hold the central locking button, if the immobiliser light stops blinking and changes to a slow flash, this service will work for you.

If your vehicle does NOT have a central locking button on the dash/center consol:

Switch on the ignition, press and hold the accelerator pedal (you may also need to press the button on the end of the wiper stalk), if the immobiliser light stops blinking and changes to a slow flash, this service will work for you.

RastaAndy
23rd December 2007, 10:43 PM
Do you have an Infra Red Remote Key? Have the batteries died in your key? Have you changed the batteries in your key? Has your key become damaged? Have you subsequently found that now the key will not disarm your immobiliser?

I can now provide your immobiliser 4 digit bypass code if your key has failed, this will enable you to continue to use your car until such time as your key has been recoded to your vehicle. This system is guaranteed to work and I will only charge £9.99 for the service, your dealer or independent garage will charge up to £30 and most (not all) will insist you have to go to them with your proof of ID, I can do it on line in minutes.

You can use this bypass method for as long as you need, there is no limit as to how many times you can use it, there is only one code and it will never change.

In the rest of Europe this code is provided to the original purchaser of the car, in this country it is not, this is purely for financial reasons (you have to pay for it), not security reasons,

It is a system that is incorporated for emergency situations, such as those mentioned above. Do you really want to find yourself in the situation where you are stranded miles away from home with no way to start your car? This code takes approximately 15 seconds to enter.

Even if your key hasn't failed as yet, this is worth having as a back up in case it ever does. IF it does fail you will be stranded, it happened to me.

Your car type, this is an identification number of the body type, eg. DAOH for a 96 - 99 Megane Coupe 2.0 16v, you will find this at position 9 on the oval identification plate:

This can also be found at the front of your service book (supplementary key number).

Example of key numbers:

Clio - P874B34-162

Laguna - p3062a6-1m5

Megane - 04311sT8LL

I will also provide key re-sync instructions for free, this is not guaranteed to work hence being free, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, if it doesn't you will need to have your key reprogrammed at your local Renault dealer.

2) Press and hold the central locking button on the dash/centre consol, Immobiliser led stops rapid blinking and starts to blink slowly

3) Count the blinks to enter the unlock code number (e.g. if number is 1234, press and hold for 1 blink then release, press and hold for 2 blinks then release and so on), after the required number of blinks has been counted, that represent the individual numbers, release, then enter the next.

2) Press and hold the accelerator pedal fully, press the button on end of stalk, Immobiliser led stops rapid blinking and starts to blink slowly

3) Count the blinks to enter the unlock code number (e.g. if number is 1234, press and hold for 1 blink then release pedal, press and hold for 2 blinks then release and so on), after the required number of blinks has been counted, that represent the individual numbers, release, then enter the next.

Key Test

Point the key at a camera, the camera on your phone is the easiest to use, then press the button on the key, you should see a light being emitted from the infra red bulb, if you do not see this, either the batteries are dead or the key is faulty.

2) Press hold the central locking button on the dash, Immobiliser led starts to blink slowly

3) Count the blinks to enter the unlock code number, after the required number of blinks has been counted,

4) Once the 4th number has been entered, the immobiliser LED will stay on for a few seconds, then go off, turn the ignition off, then press and hold the central locking button, the doors will lock and then unlock and the LED will stay on for a few seconds, during this time aim the plip key at the sensor and keep pressing until the doors lock and then unlock again.

5) If it works, press and hold the central locking button to complete programming (doors will lock and then unlock).

If you have no central locking button on the dash/center consol, follow the above procedure but use the accelerator pedal, to start the sequence, and after each number has been input, press the button on the end of the wiper stalk

Switch on the ignition, press and hold the central locking button, if the immobiliser light stops blinking and changes to a slow flash, this service will work for you.

If your vehicle does NOT have a central locking button on the dash/center consol:

Switch on the ignition, press and hold the accelerator pedal (you may also need to press the button on the end of the wiper stalk), if the immobiliser light stops blinking and changes to a slow flash, this service will work for you.[/QUOTE]

swfcowl5
24th December 2007, 12:53 AM

Example of key numbers:

Clio - P874B34-162

Laguna - p3062a6-1m5

Megane - 04311sT8LL

Key Test

Switch on the ignition, press and hold the accelerator pedal (you may also need to press the button on the end of the wiper stalk), if the immobiliser light stops blinking and changes to a slow flash, this service will work for you.[/QUOTE]

come on mate this forum is friendly not to charge people for something we can do ourselves for free anybody needs the code ask me and will provide it free of charge as its free to use software to get the code

RastaAndy
24th December 2007, 09:55 AM
The immobiliser has shut down and i cant start the car i can lock the car and un-lock the car but thats it, the car still will not start does any one no how to re-set the Immobiliser ???

PS cannot open the key to get ir plip???

swfcowl5
24th December 2007, 05:05 PM
The immobiliser has shut down and i cant start the car i can lock the car and un-lock the car but thats it, the car still will not start does any one no how to re-set the Immobiliser ???

no dont need the plip want the bottom code written on a white piece of paper inside key

silver72
24th December 2007, 07:08 PM
:) The immobiliser has shut down and i cant start the car i can lock the car and un-lock the car but thats it, the car still will not start does any one no how to re-set the Immobiliser ???

HI Try BBA reman. ABS, ecu's, throttle bodies, air mass meters, and catalytic converters (http://www.bba-reman.com) for free recodes it worked for me also free fault codes. all down loadable i hope this will help all of you !.

04136700wza
27th December 2007, 01:11 AM
swfcowl5, I have the problem now, could you help me to work out the code, please. I have tried the free software download from the website as silver72 provided, but it the model code and key code just confused me. If you want any data, please told me here, or e-mail. thanks

swfcowl5
27th December 2007, 04:45 PM
swfcowl5, I have the problem now, could you help me to work out the code, please. I have tried the free software download from the website as silver72 provided, but it the model code and key code just confused me. If you want any data, please told me here, or e-mail. thanks
send me your code out of your key the bottom code written on white paper inside key and your car trim number which can be found on your cars oval plate thanks

04136700wza
28th December 2007, 10:44 PM
altruistic swfcowl5, here's some information I can provide:
code on key: v4d7b18
I can't find the plate, that's the problem...
I just follow the instruction on Test for Renault Key/Immobiliser failures (emergency recode) (http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Test_for_Renault_Key_Immobiliser_failures_emergency_recode)

thus, only could confirm first 3: B56, the last one could be: A, B, S, O. from the website sofetware above, I got the code as 4114 and 8365. however, the car has refused me to enter the code... and I sent it to garage today (not renault).

anyway thank you, and if you can't work out the code by lack of data from me, please wait for few days, thank you!

swfcowl5
28th December 2007, 11:07 PM
same codes i get mate so until code trim code wont be able to do much more

04136700wza
28th December 2007, 11:50 PM
I will go to the garage 12hours later, so provide useful code later. thank you very much!

stuartthyer
2nd January 2008, 07:25 PM
hi, regarding how to get the code for the immobiliser. I drive a 1996 laguna and it won't start. Key opens doors manually but nothing happens when i press button on key fob and when turned in ignition engine will not turn over. i.e. the immobiliser is on. My car is stranded!! Please help. Many thanks, Stuart.

swfcowl5
2nd January 2008, 07:34 PM
send me bottom code from inside key and trim code or car model thanks

stuartthyer
2nd January 2008, 07:42 PM
not sure what you mean by bottom code from inside key. there are some numbers engraved on the circuit board. They are 09733227G and its a laguna 1.8.

swfcowl5
2nd January 2008, 07:43 PM
have u not got a white piece of paper inside key?

stuartthyer
2nd January 2008, 07:45 PM
no, nothing like that.

stuartthyer
2nd January 2008, 08:07 PM
to swfcowl5: as i don't have any white piece of paper with my code on it inside key, do you know where i can get it, for example, a renault dealer?

swfcowl5
2nd January 2008, 08:12 PM
have u got a spare key?

stuartthyer
2nd January 2008, 08:14 PM
no, i have not got a spare.

swfcowl5
2nd January 2008, 08:15 PM
any other codes in key?

stuartthyer
2nd January 2008, 08:19 PM
P AF9966 and underneath that 342 9/M

swfcowl5
2nd January 2008, 09:24 PM
if your onlne pm me as i have your code mate calculated not posting here as u never know

stuartthyer
3rd January 2008, 09:16 PM
hi, can anyone help me? I need the immobiliser deactivation codes for my laguna I 1.8. Key fobs not working and therefore the cars stranded.

swfcowl5
3rd January 2008, 09:46 PM
hi, can anyone help me? I need the immobiliser deactivation codes for my laguna I 1.8. Key fobs not working and therefore the cars stranded.
pm me for codes mate also send me codes inside key thanks

alymor
4th January 2008, 10:47 AM
Stuart,
I'm sure there are others on this forum more qualified and familiar with the Renault immobiliser system than myself but for what it's worth here's my experiences:

My kids threw one key fob down the toilet, leaving only one working fob. A couple of years later when changing the batteries on the other fob I found that they wouldn't work. I was in the same situation as you - car won't start.

I got the emergency code from a Renault dealer for £10+VAT - as you may find posted elsewhere, some Renault dealers will try it on and say that they are not allowed to give you the code, this is completely untrue. They have a programme - a similar one I have since downloaded for free from a russian website - that uses the details on the fob to generate the emergency code.

Once I had the code I could then input it via the central locking button (depends on the model, some use the accelerator and control stalk, check out your handbook). So all was fine, I had a mobile car albeit it took a minute to enter the code each time and several attempts to open the door as the locks on the renaults don't seem to be meant to be used often.

I tried resynchronising the plip as per the instructions I bought off ebay- they said that it would work the central locking but not the immobiliser. It didn't work. Anyway, I drove the car using the emergency code for a year or so until I had to recharge the battery last weekend. Put the battery back in, tried entering the emergency code, wouldn't work. The immobiliser light flashed at twice the previous rate and didn't respond to anything I tried.

I found a post that suggested leaving the key in the ignition at position II (the one just before turning the starter motor) for at least 15 minutes. I did that and it then allowed me to enter the emergency code. Then, for the hell of it I tried resynching the plip. It worked, I now have a car that I can open and start without swearing or look like I'm breaking into.

You may be able to resynch the keys without the emergency code but I doubt it. Get that code and you get your car back.

Good luck,
Neil

1271flint
4th January 2008, 11:18 AM
After reading all articles on this site, and refusing to hand any money to a dealer. I trawled the internet, and found the answer to all problems, goto the following site Test for Renault Key/Immobiliser failures (emergency recode) (http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Test_for_Renault_Key_Immobiliser_failures_emergency_recode), download the software takes a minute, it will give you your emergency bypass code, any problems get in touch. jamieflint4@<hidden>

~Rob
6th January 2008, 12:18 AM
So we all know the BBa-Reman code generator is good the the Laguna 1 Phase 1 cars with RF plips.

But I have a '99 Laguna I phase II with immobiliser issues. The decoder ring was replaced last October when I had similar issues.

Renault and searches over the internet say that there is no bypass code for my phase II with the RF key. I'm going to call remote key monday but don't hold out any hope as I have a feeling they can only handle IR types.

I really don't want to scrap it as it's mechanically find and has been perfect other than these issues. I saw Renault today and they would like £45 to diagnose it and it's likely to be the keys (although neither work)

I am wondering (as it is intermittent) if it's a dry solder somewhere. Can the garage tell if the keys are at fault without ordering new ones, or do they just order new ones as they can't tell whether it's them or not?

More details here (http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=176085&postcount=1) although it's mostly a rewrite of what I'm now posting

swfcowl5
6th January 2008, 12:22 AM
to check your keys i always found with the rf keys thats if you hold them next to the radio and press it if key works it distorts radio slighly try this as garage gave me this little trick for one of my old cars

~Rob
6th January 2008, 12:30 AM
It unlocks the car fine and the immobiliser transmitter is seperate to the inner electronics of the key so I doubt this way will work in my case

~Rob
6th January 2008, 05:19 PM
Just an update.

I put the fully charged battery back on this morning and the car got me to work and home again with no complaints.

I hope it's not just because it had the battery disconnected and reconnected that has made the car play nice again

swfcowl5
6th January 2008, 05:57 PM
sometimes yes it does do this as resets ecu on mangoo this is common practice to do this

04136700wza
21st January 2008, 08:33 PM
is anybody here knows which garage can de-code the car, and cheaper than the dealer?? I'm in manchester, salford; or, who lives near by could help? my car has standing in the car park over 1 month...

swfcowl5
21st January 2008, 08:40 PM
send me your code from inside your key and will send code to get u going again if its the ir plip kind

04136700wza
21st January 2008, 11:30 PM
hi swfcowl5, code inside the key: V4D7B18-8H5, the key is showing in the pic. thank you.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/220113113235_1.jpg

further more, I had tried over 3 times, and the car do not allowed me to enter the code...(my code is calculate by the software as BBA-reman; without correct body type code, I think.

anyway, thank you!

04136700wza
21st January 2008, 11:36 PM
Oh, otherwise, I was really stupidity, at least, renault dealer think that. they cheat me as "your battery is flat, and physical damaged, we can't decode your car, so you need buy a new battery, and....total 461.67"

however, I charged the battery last night, for only 20mins, it really works well. Are the Dealers think all consumers are fool??

thus, I'm sure it's right: after give the dealer 80 pounds as free (they do nothing), I decide take the car back, although it still can not start!

swfcowl5
21st January 2008, 11:45 PM
hi swfcowl5, code inside the key: V4D7B18-8H5, the key is showing in the pic. thank you.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/220113113235_1.jpg

further more, I had tried over 3 times, and the car do not allowed me to enter the code...(my code is calculate by the software as BBA-reman; without correct body type code, I think.

anyway, thank you!

is there any other numbers inside the key?

04136700wza
22nd January 2008, 12:09 AM
the code which I have provided is printed on a piece of paper.

here's others:
on the plastic cover: PA66; CR16(battery code)
one the molectron: 75076067; 9512SCAP (on one black item with white printing)

button: 4III1 france
another black item with chisel: 33164; XEMJ5
another black item with black printing: 400b

another side of the molectron (connect to battery): MSL. D95; INF; VALEO; E531200/1B-B; PCI 95 03

swfcowl5
22nd January 2008, 12:12 AM
im trying codes of the paper and dont seem to even bring a code up which one did you use

swfcowl5
22nd January 2008, 12:14 AM
Ok Code I Get Is 4114 And For Second Code 8365 Does This Match Yours?

04136700wza
22nd January 2008, 12:27 AM
yes, I used the paper one for calculating, and get the same resualts, I have tried 4114, the panel stop flash, and then turn off. However, I still can not start as the dynamotor do not work.

and now, when I turn on the key to the position just before start, the panel does not flash: lighting for 3 or 4 seconds, and then, turn off, every time as the same.

swfcowl5
22nd January 2008, 12:32 AM
ok to reset ecu and this may do key too some do some dont but disconnect battery for 40 mins then reconnect then try key if it works your ok if it dont try the other code if first did not work

04136700wza
22nd January 2008, 12:39 AM
thank you!!

do you mean disconnect batteries both of key and the car? and over 40 mins?

swfcowl5
22nd January 2008, 12:47 AM
No Just The Car Battery My Friend For 40 Mins Then Try Using Key Hope This Helps

04136700wza
22nd January 2008, 12:50 AM
so lock all doors, and disconnect battery, and then, it may work. thank you, you are so kind

swfcowl5
22nd January 2008, 12:53 AM
No Just Disconnect Battery For 40 Mins Then Reconnect And Then Try Key Dont Need To Lock Doors Unless You Plan On Leaving It

04136700wza
22nd January 2008, 12:58 AM
thank you, got it, I will try tomorrow, and post the result here. It must be successful!

swfcowl5
22nd January 2008, 12:59 AM
I Hope It Is For You Ive Done It Many Times Before On Alot Of Cars Not Just Renault

04136700wza
22nd January 2008, 08:20 PM
unluckily, re-set ECU could not solve the problem, and it refuse me to enter the code...anyway, I will sent the de-code box to "auto motive electronics". and I had find the body of my laguna, it's different to ABB-reman, it's located in the postern as beside the spare wheel. B65S, code still 4114 and 8365

swfcowl5
22nd January 2008, 08:25 PM
dont need to use those trim codes on my software just enter car make and it does it

fuego972
26th January 2008, 04:11 PM
Hy! I´m new here but I have the same problem - immobiliser.
The car is Laguna 1999. Last week my wife couldn´t start the car. I said to myself: Women. Than next day I tried to start the car and same thing happend to me. The light on dashboard flashes but car won´t start. I saw that also something had reset my clock. The battery was flat. I´ve recharged it but problem remains the same. Than I tried this code thing which I´ve found on the net. I pushed the central locking button for few seconds and red light stoped flashing. Red light was standing still. Than I´ve pushed the key fob and nothing happend. Red light has started flashing again. I tried also disconnect the baterry and still no results. After a few takes even a remote key stoped working. I´ve changed the baterrys, remote doesn´t work. Now I can lock my car only via central locking button and the drivers doors manualy. Guys at Renault center told me that is something wrong with the key, the other guy said that is something wrong with immobiliser circuit in the steering wheel....
I really don´t know what´s right anymore. Can someone tell me how can I remove ECU ( the one on the right side next to fuses)?

Thanks, Bernard

swfcowl5
26th January 2008, 10:30 PM
if you want me to find a code for you just ask and how did you enter it into car as may just have done it incorrectly

fuego972
27th January 2008, 07:23 AM
I found code generator on bba reman site.
But problem is that I can´t enter the code because that damn light flashes all the time. No matter what I´ve done, that light didn´t want to flash slowly so I could enter it. I´ve tried with this:

When you have the 4 digit emergency
1- hold central locking button down red immo light flashes slowly count number of 1st digit of immo code and release.
2- hold down central locking button and count 2nd digit and release
3- repeat for 3rd and 4th digits
4- when all numbers entered, ignition off and hold down central locking button immo lights remains constant, press key on/off quickly towards interior mirror. Hopefully plip will resynch.
Once immo light starts flashing -ign on/off and hold c/l button down again until red light remains constant and try again,may take a few goes.

Also tried this:

Nothing happens. Light still flashes. I don´t have button on the end of the wiper stalk.

Only once happend that red light stoped flashing. Without key in lock I´ve just pressed central locking button. After a few seconds light star flashing again and remote key doesn´t work anymore. Any clue?

fuego972
27th January 2008, 01:57 PM
3 Hours ago I disconnected baterry and the circuit board of the remote receiver. Half hour ago I reconnected the baterry and circuit board. The remote didn´t work. I´ve unlocked the doors with the key and then with central locking button. I switched ignition and light stoped flashing. I could start the car. When I switched ignition off and tried again the red light start flashing again. Remote still doesn´t work, the car won´t start. I really don´t understand this anymore.:steam:

fuego972
31st January 2008, 10:27 AM
Today my friend, who work in a spare parts store, borowed me new baterry. I wanted to try if it´s something wrong with my baterry. I unlocked the car, turn the ignition on ( with old baterry) and car started. I tried several times and car everytime started. I´m gonna try again hour later to see what will happen. I still don´t understand. Is it something wrong with the baterry. The truth is that the baterry is 3 years old. I will take to Renault service to do some tests on computer otherwise I´ll always be in doubt.

fuego972
2nd February 2008, 09:05 AM
I tried with new baterry but nothing changes. Car once started and next time it doesn´t.:steam: I really hate that car. I never had such problems, not even with Fiat.

srobb05
4th February 2008, 02:29 AM
swfcowl5, was just wondering could you please help me as I cannot find a code inside my key anywhere. I only have one key. there is a long code printed into the circuit and it begins with S if thats any help. also there is a coded stamped onto the circuit, its 99097. I tried calculating the code using the reman software but keeps saying 99097 has invalid characters.

I have a late 1999 megane 1.4 16V and the type number is BA0W

P.S. Car still starts, its only the key I need synced to get remote locking working

Please help, i would really appreciate it

Thanks

swfcowl5
4th February 2008, 01:40 PM
pm sent

fuego972
4th February 2008, 05:50 PM
swfcowl5, was just wondering could you please help me as I cannot find a code inside my key anywhere. I only have one key. there is a long code printed into the circuit and it begins with S if thats any help. also there is a coded stamped onto the circuit, its 99097. I tried calculating the code using the reman software but keeps saying 99097 has invalid characters.

I have a late 1999 megane 1.4 16V and the type number is BA0W

P.S. Car still starts, its only the key I need synced to get remote locking working

Please help, i would really appreciate it

Thanks

In remans software you must edit vehicle type ( 4 letters) and then code, which is printed on the circuit board inside of the key fob. It contains letters and numbers.
Are you sure that it´s a problem with a code of the key?
Check the circuit board of remote controler, because in many cases the water leaks throught aerial hole. I had that problem once.

Anyway I still have a problem with my car. Again, it won´t start again. That´s really weird. If tomorow car starts, I´m gonna drive it to mechanic.

gazplow
4th February 2008, 09:08 PM
i too have the immobiliser problem with my 1997 laguna rt. Its been sat for three weeks now and i have finally got the 2, 4digit codes from the dealer but now the IR receiver decides to start working!!! (Typical)

So i "plip" the remote c/l and try to start the car but the engine sounds so weak, like there is no power to kick in the starter motor. Battery is ok as i have checked it on a battery charger (Car batt), also lights/radio etc works fine.

Going to try bumping the car in the morning when the street is clear and everyone has gone to work.

If i need to use the codes on my c/l button in the car, will this continue to start the car forever or do i have to goto a dealer to get a new IR receiver?:confused:

**UPDATE** Tried the "plip" this morning and it works ok but it seems the car battery has died on me so i am charging that, one thing that worries me is that the "service" orange light on the dash flashes very fast when the key is in the ignition and i hear a fast clicking sound when tring to start the car. Will update in a couple hours when battery us charged.

** Battery charged, "plip" works fine and engine starts everytime now by the looks of it, very strange. Im going to get some sealent from b&q and seal the ariel myself - anyone got any tips on how to go about this/what to use/where to seal?????

I HATE my laguna and cant wait to p/x for something else.

srobb05
6th February 2008, 09:42 PM
just got it synced without any code. Dont know how it worked. I took the battery out of the key and put it all back together again within 15 seconds. After that I just held the plip for more than 10 seconds, let go and then clicked the plip a few times until it locked and unlocked. Thanks for all your help anyway and if you code still get the code for me I would really appreciate it just incase anything like this happens again.

Cheers mate

swfcowl5
6th February 2008, 09:50 PM
im on to it mate will have it tomoz as on comp and mis's on laptop upstairs in bed lazy git

RUSTYBOB
8th February 2008, 06:43 AM
Hi,

Had a similar problem on my Megane, I disconnected then reconnected the car battery, must have cleared the problem because it started ok.

andrewwales
14th February 2008, 01:42 PM

Stuart

hi,we had the same symptomsas yourself and went to a renault dealer to get the code,whilst there a technichian had a look at both our keys and found a fault with some of the soldering,he fixed the solder joints and the keys worked perfectly so try that

spikyhercule
5th March 2008, 08:10 PM
I got passed my immobiliser no problem with the instructions but couldn't get my key to resync whatever I tried until I got told to try this...

After step 4 I had to start the car for a few secs,
Switch it off,
Press and hold the c/l button until the doors locked & unlocked
Then I had to press the c/l button again until the doors locked & unlocked, keep it pressed and then press my plip on my key a few times.

I was so happy when it worked
Saved me forking out to Renault!

skunner2k4
6th March 2008, 09:33 AM
Hi, i had the same problem with clio 1996, eventually it got towed away for repairs but came back with £220 bill and the immo being disabled, it would cost around 300 for a new one, which is just about the same price of the car, call up a immobiliser company and they should help you, dont go to dealer it expensive?

spikyhercule
8th March 2008, 08:35 AM
Hi, i had the same problem with clio 1996, eventually it got towed away for repairs but came back with £220 bill and the immo being disabled, it would cost around 300 for a new one, which is just about the same price of the car, call up a immobiliser company and they should help you, dont go to dealer it expensive?

When I put my immobiliser code in the immobiliser was totally disabled even after leaving the car over night :d
I prefer to have it on where I live though!

muffythevamp
8th March 2008, 11:33 AM
Hi All,

Well it looks like my immobilser has gone titsup.

I've downloaded the code generator but the key number and body type listed on the service book don't work.

There is no code inside the key fob (plipper).

Can anybody please help

gordyB
8th March 2008, 11:46 AM
Yesterday I fitted the by pass supplied by this company,

http://www.remotekey.co.uk/cars/renault/scenic/

to my lads 1998 Scenic, worked first time and was delivered the day after I ordered it. Cost £100, instructions were very good.
They have heard of problems with ebay units.

I have no connection with the firm.

artindoril
8th March 2008, 01:40 PM
I've had a problem with my 1999 T reg megane over the last few days where the remote central locking wouldn't work but the car was not immobilised. Instead I have had to lock it with the key.

The thing is I've just fixed it! I've got the radio transmitting fob (i.e. not the ir fob) and all I had to do was hold the button on the fob down till the red indicator light on top went out. Then release it and the light went solid. Left it like that for bout 5 seconds and pressed the button again so that the light went off.

Just been out to my car and it works again. Hope this is of some help to you all. I'm not sure if it'll solve it if you have a problem with the immobiliser but might be worth a shot.

The Declaration
11th March 2008, 06:17 PM
Have same problem, plip opens doors but does not start engine first time. I usually get it to start engine on third or fourth attempt applying some revs, if this fails I have to sit in motor like a twit for about 10mins and start the whole process again.

I have noticed a leak lately (from sunroof I think) do you think there is a connection.

ps This also happened to me last year and a friend of a friend changed the coil but it did not make a bit of difference anyway after a few weeks I tried with second key and it worked good up until a few days ago.

Also the first key has only worked the same way as second key is acting now.

I hope this is not to confusing, but can anyone help me with some suggestions please.

spikyhercule
11th March 2008, 06:29 PM
A lot of plip problems are because of the aerial leaking which is above the sensor you point your key at.
You may need to un-plug it all and dry it out, Depends what car you have I could be wrong & it could be your sunroof leaking?

The Declaration
11th March 2008, 06:40 PM
A lot of plip problems are because of the aerial leaking which is above the sensor you point your key at.
You may need to un-plug it all and dry it out, Depends what car you have I could be wrong & it could be your sunroof leaking?
Yeah this happened when I first got the car I went through the car wash and loosened the ariel :crazy: took it up to local dealer and they kindly bolted it up and applied sealant, it could it be this again ???

I poured hot water in the drains of the sunroof and they seem to be clear.

ps I have a T reg 1.4 Clio Mk II Phase II

spikyhercule
11th March 2008, 06:58 PM
If your responder is at the top of your windscreen in the roof lining try taking it off, It should pull down and slide forwards & out. Just check to see if its wet otherwise check fuses etc...

The Declaration
31st March 2008, 04:47 PM
I think my key is a radio fequency RF fob with one red led light and one depressible bulge in centre.

It's a 1999 Clio MKII Phase 1 (no facelift)

Is there another thread or any other advice out there please.

spikyhercule
1st April 2008, 08:35 AM
There is lots of posts / info on it m8, Have you tried http://www.cliosport.net/

espacediy
3rd April 2008, 07:51 PM
If you are struggling with the code generator this may help.
My key had w646mr1=5s0 on the paper inside it this did not work with the code generator, however the key number in my service book does work, this is similar fw646mr1, not sure where the F the "f" comes from but thought it might help somebody.

The Declaration
4th April 2008, 07:30 PM
I think my key is a radio fequency RF fob with one red led light and one depressible bulge in centre.

It's a 1999 Clio MKII Phase 1 (no facelift)

Is there another thread or any other advice out there please.

I find if I put the key in the ignition then when turning the key to ignition position I keep the button pressed on the key fob and it starts, I dont know how or why but it works for me :confused:

I found this info on another forum

bonnerclio
9th April 2008, 03:03 PM
I have a 2000 Clio. The central locking works but the imobiliser is preventing me from starting. When I turn on the ignition the red light on the dash blinks quickly. Can I overide the immobilser or do I have to resort to having it towed to the nearest Renault garage..

Thank You

The Declaration
9th April 2008, 04:42 PM
I have a 2000 Clio. The central locking works but the imobiliser is preventing me from starting. When I turn on the ignition the red light on the dash blinks quickly. Can I overide the immobilser or do I have to resort to having it towed to the nearest Renault garage..

Thank You
1 Turn the key untill lights come on instrument panel (red flashing immob. light)
2 Turn key back once (without turning car over)
3 Press and hold the button on key fob while key is still in the ignition
4 Now while holding the button try and turn car over.

If I follow this sequence it works every time for me but I will be damned if I know why or how :confused:

BugOne12
14th April 2008, 10:12 PM
I have a 2001 Clio with a different immobiliser problem. Plip Key works the locks & C/locking just fine. The immobiliser light on the dash flashes when you unlock the car. When the key is turned the light goes solid & stays on. The car just clicks (from near the fuse box) and will not turn the starter or fire.

If you get in rely quick and turn the key before the immobiliser light stays on the car will turnover but dies when the immobiliser light goes solid.

This is an intermittent fault and has not plagued me for some months. Previously sitting in the car turning the key on and off like a Wally has got it going in 15 – 20 mins. This time no joy.
Help I am getting close to phoning the scrap man as I will not give Renault any more of my hard earned.
Having read this thread and got my code I can’t enter it as the immobiliser light does not flash.
Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

Bob925
14th April 2008, 10:35 PM
You have the RF type plip so the immiobilser works differently to the IR type.

Could be the key needs re-synching, the "ring" on the ingition barrel is kaput, the key needs replacing, the immboliser unit itself needs replacing.

Same system as on my van which had a new key and immobilser unit replaced within the space of 3 months :( It is a Vauxhall van but is actually a rebadged Renault, but uses the same type of immobiliser and plip key as your Clio.

BugOne12
15th April 2008, 08:58 AM
Cheers Bob925,
Back to Renault getting there sweaty hands on my cash then. Is there no way to short cut the immobiliser on the RF type plip like the IR ones.

Found a company called Remote Key at http://www.remotekey.co.uk/cars/renault/clio/ offering to bypass the immobiliser if I send them some bits and all for 100 quid (A lot less than Renault) any experience of them? Does it work when put back on the car?
Thanks.

siftkhanz
15th April 2008, 10:44 PM
hie ... i have renault megane 1996 n 2 days ago my key fob stopped working i changed the batteries but no use, now the red light keeps on blinking and i couldnt start the car, and to make matters worse i dont have the code as well :S !!! can any1 help me plzzz thanks

BugOne12
21st April 2008, 08:33 PM
Hi all, just an update on my Clio. Had to take it to Renault and got stiffed for £76.00 for a diagnostics check. For that money they tell me the engine bay wiring loom has a ’break’ in it. I can have a new one fitted for £615.03p for cash. Total price £690…God I love Renaults ability to crap cars.
Any way I’ll take it to the local auto electrician at £25.00 per hour and see how we get on.
I’ll keep you all advised.

cliocraig
22nd April 2008, 05:27 PM
I had the same problem with my Clio. I phoned my dealership and they told me to disconnect the battery for 10-15 mins and reconnect it. Worked like a charm. Good luck!:)

kangoo2
29th April 2008, 06:43 PM
Hi all. I posted a problem last week regarding an issue with the ignition key on my Kangoo & was somewhat surprised that I got no replies. But that was before I spotted this mammoth thread. I have read every one of the 35 pages & my head is spinning with all the horror stories & code configurations that have been suggested. If I can explain briefly the issue with my Kangoo & hope I get some feedback. I'm pretty sure my problem is only with the key. When it first failed to start, but then did fire up, I put it down to the TDC sensor (Ref. my post (Kangoo Ign. Key) but when it failed again I then noticed the immobiliser light flashing very fast (Ref. my post (Kangoo Ign. Key, again) Now using the same key since getting the Kangoo from new in 2001 gives me the failure, but then, using the spare key solves the problem. So logic says it has to be the key & only the key??
Renault dealer says a new key will cost an arm & a leg.
The irony is, that this is the first time the spare key has been used in 7 years!!!! with the original battery in it???
With the amount of advice given on this thread, I'm hoping that someone will agree with my assumption that only the key is at fault & the route I should take regarding getting a replacement, also that at £160 the dealer is maybe thinking that an investigation is needed to find the problem. :confused:
Cheers
BeeJay
I should add that the remote locking system is working fine, with the dicky key.

Naomi clare
6th May 2008, 08:33 PM
Can anyone help with the problem i am having with my R reg megane 1.6.
In the past two days i have been driving the car around town with no problems or warning lights, and then when i park and stop for 5 mins tops the car won't start it won't even turn over, it is just completely dead on turning the key.Having been running fine minutes before. ignition lights do still come on.

I have been reading other peoples similiar problems and i was wondering if any one else had been able to start theres by bump starting it as this is something i have been able to do on both occasions it has given up the ghost.

Is this still likely to be a problem with the immobiliser do you think? Today i did notice the electronic incident warning light did come on once i had bump started it, but it went off after 5-10 secs.

Bob925
6th May 2008, 08:47 PM
If its bump starting OK then it'll not be the immobiliser. Could be the battery, alternator or starter motor. Maybe its a wiring fault - the earth would be a good place to start :)

gibbo1967
12th May 2008, 09:56 AM
remote had gone out of sync and had it recoded at renault dealer....then two days later alot of elctrical/computer functions have gone faulty
* car has diffulty starting
* idles at 3k revs
* poor aceleration from standstill
* auto transmission doest go into overdrive...hence using ++++ fuel
* trip cpmmuter malfunctioning
* clock.radio/cd player malfunctioning

its like one fix has caused a whole lot of other problems

So back to the dealer I go.....high;y frustrating to say the least:mad:

DAVECOVI
21st May 2008, 02:28 PM
I Have A P Reg Laguna 2.2d And Like A Lot Of You The Immobilizer Has Gone On The Fritz. I Have The Input Code And Today Something Strange Happened, I Switched The Engine Off And Turned The Ignition Back On To Keep The Code In, I Wanted A Look At The Box Under The Dash So Took The Connectors Off Then Tried To Start The Car And To My Amazement It Started! (with The Box Disconnected). So I Switched The Engine Off And Re Connected The Box And It Started Straight Away The Light On The Cl Is Flashing. Ive Had The Car Standing For An Hour Now And Just Tried It, Started Without Inputing The Code!!!!!!!
IVE TRIED IT TODAY (A DAY LATER) AND IT STARTED WITHOUT THE CODE

kasper
25th May 2008, 05:37 PM
I own a Laguna '94 which has lately failed to start on several occasions.
The dashboard immobiliser light stays on when I turn the key which prevents me from starting the car.

The dealer has swapped the old decoder ring on reading a decoder ring fault code from the computer unit.
However, this hasn't solved the problem. Furthermore, the wiring has been checked but nothing has been found so far.

When the light remains lit, it will not allow me to start whichever key I use.
Both keys do work however when I dont have this problem (both can operate central locking + starting).
I did not check for the water leakage issue as I haven't had problems with central locking.

Around the time this problem has manifested, I also experienced some engine trouble:
- One occasion I had to rev up the engine after starting it, as it felt like dying on me
- Another occasion it took several attempts to start it.

Somehow I feel these symptoms correlate to the immobiliser problem, but I can't figure out yet how.
It hints at a faulty TDC sensor, however I would expect not to have a blinking dashboard immobiliser in such a case.

Anyone got an idea ?

matrixnis
25th May 2008, 05:44 PM
Hi
Im new on the forum...

Can any body tell me where can I found some explanation on klima belt replacmnt for renault scenic 2.0,I want to do it by my self..

archie_fields
14th July 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm having an issue with my new car and it's driving me nuts - please help!!

Have just got a 1998 (S reg) Megane and right now I could cry. I can't start the damn thing and I don't know anything about cars so don't know if it's a mechanical problem or the immobiliser.

The central locking works on the key 'blip' without any problems, the immobiliser light goes out when you 'blip' the key and the engine turns over but it won't catch and the immobiliser light comes back on when you turn the key. All the lights work fine so I don't think it's the battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Asterix
14th July 2008, 10:57 AM
Posssible ecu problem

archie_fields
14th July 2008, 11:05 AM
Posssible ecu problem

A what? seriously, I don't have a clue what and ECU is.

Asterix
14th July 2008, 11:08 AM
There is a Glossary on the forums, if you look on the left of the page. This will give some info, also try doing a search using the search button it might throw something up that my be of assistance

archie_fields
14th July 2008, 11:25 AM
I've read the glossary and done a search and I'm still none the wiser.

Does this sound like an immobiliser problem or a starter motor / alternator problem? If it's the immobiliser then am I right in thinking bypassing the damn thing will sort it out.

If it's mechanical then I need to get a garage to look at the car but I don't have the money to waste if that's not it.

swfcowl5
14th July 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm having an issue with my new car and it's driving me nuts - please help!!

Have just got a 1998 (S reg) Megane and right now I could cry. I can't start the damn thing and I don't know anything about cars so don't know if it's a mechanical problem or the immobiliser.

The central locking works on the key 'blip' without any problems, the immobiliser light goes out when you 'blip' the key and the engine turns over but it won't catch and the immobiliser light comes back on when you turn the key. All the lights work fine so I don't think it's the battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks

just sounds like immobiliser prob if you provide me a copy of v5 and copy of driver licence i can issue you with a bypass code to get you going pm me for more details

archie_fields
14th July 2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks :) I don't have the full V5 yet as it's being transfered into my name but I do have the slip on the bottom and obviously my driving licence. If those are ok then I'll send you copies otherwise I'll have to wait a few days to get the V5.

swfcowl5
14th July 2008, 06:24 PM
those will be fine mate send em to my email :censored:

monjo42
17th July 2008, 05:05 PM
hi i have just ordered a new fob for my van as the last one did nt work .Renault phoned today to say the new fob was in so i called over and asked them when they were finished could i have the four digit code that comes with the key as i wanted to get a spare key they said no and to say i was annouyed well .Do i have any legal come back or do they have the right to say no

cheers peter

laguna1998
7th February 2009, 01:16 PM
send me bottom code from inside key and trim code or car model thanks

Hi, can you help me? my central locking does not work with the button on the key, it only works manually. the engine is still fine, but can you help me with this?
please let me know.

thanks
:d

bloobloo
25th February 2011, 12:05 AM
I have a 1999 Megane convertible but over winter the battery died and when i replaced the battery the car now will not start. The fob still opens the central locking as it should, but doesnt seem to disarm the immobiliser. I have tried holding button in for 10+ seconds until the fob light constantly illuminates, and then 3 quick presses, but this didnt work. there is no white sticker on the inside of the fob either, just a printed 5 digit number on the curcuit board, which is different on each key.
I had a clio with the same problem, and the key code was printed on the inside of the fob, but could only be seen under UV light, I have already looked for a code using this method but to no avail.
I have tried using the 5 digit number printed on the curcuit board but the software tells me its wrong.
I have thought about going to a dealer, but as the car is not yet in my name i dont think that its an option, as the ID wont match!

Also written in the frnt of the service book is a code, but its called a W-Code and is 4 digits(1 letter, 1 number 1 letter 1 number) also an installation certificate from renault uk for the vehicle alarm.. any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

mike

rass54
4th April 2011, 10:58 AM
Hi, new poster, so thanks in advance for any help.

The car in question is a Clio 2002 extreme. It's just had, new battery, alternator, starter motor.

The alarm keeps going off to the point of the battery being flat.

It wouldn't start and is potentially an immobiliser issue.

How do I stop the alarm going off, when I connect jump leads, it just starts going off.

Can I reset the immobilser with that software download thing on this model if I can get the alarm to stop. (edit looks like its an RF key so that would be a no)

Cheers for any thoughts.

worldtuner
9th June 2012, 01:47 PM
This may help you, mines a Renault Master 2001, after 2 years of problem free driving and always a first time starter, out of the blue I turned on the ignition to find a continous flashing LED light on the dash, called my breakdown service on a Sunday evening, I pressed the point that it needed a auto electrician, but they sent out a guy who had no knowledge of auto electrics, the only thing they could offer me was a take you home service, which being 3 hours driving I opt for this, the next day I telephoned around auto locksmiths who failed to come out or wanted to charge me 100 quid just to look, after checking the internet I come across this forum and the company remotekeys and their plug in bypass, their web site was a little unfriendly with no telephone numbers so I tried alarmremotes now the van 4 days off the road I spoke with David Stocks after giving all the details believing all I needed was a bypass, David was willing to send me a bypass pod by return, but advised me to first go to a scrap yard and by a Clio key barrel receiver for a few pounds and try that first, local breakers had one for 10 quid replaced and van started straight away, so worth checking key first, then key receiver at ignition failing that a bypass unit , good money saver.

jas clio
11th June 2012, 09:48 PM
hi all ,

the car in question is a Clio 1.4 2000 w reg.

i have owned the car for over 4 years and regret the day i bought it. due to it just costing me so much.

the problem is the famous immobilizer.

it came on the first time in the first year the red light came on the dash and the car would not start. so i had a bloke out to fix it after an hour he got it started he told me that one off the relays in the engine bay had burnt the board where it sits so he bypassed that charging me £120.

then about a year later it happened again this time my car was 20 miles from home :crazy: , but once got it home found the website where i bought a little chip thing costing me another £85, this worked great until

two year later (now) it keeps playing up i have found the key feels lose. when i turn the key slowly the car works 9 times out off 10. since bypassing the immobilizer with the chip i have not had central locking either which is a right pain.

sorry for this extremly long post but i have been fighting this for nearly 4 years and its cost me over £200 and i just want it sorted so any help or advice or what worked for you would be great thank you all. :d:d:d:d