Independent Renault Forums banner

Need new key card.

Tags
card key
3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  storeman 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals im new to the site and hoping someone can advise me, i lost my key card and just have the old spare that works but is not great. I have been quoted by the dealer £180 for a new 1 or £230 for 2 they have an offer on (nice of them) i just need to check that it includes getting the lost 1 removed but is this a good price and DO I HAVE ANY OPTIONS please. I have a 54 plate laguna 2 button card and am from the suffolk area. Any advice would be great cheers.

#6 ·
When I spoke to Renault regarding purchasing a new card they gave me a similar price with the special offer on buying two. They also told me the price included programming the cards but they also said that the existing card would need to be reprogrammed. That suggests that all existing cards are deleted from the system and only the cards they (re) programme will work.

Wonder if that includes resetting the alarm / immobiliser to prevent non reprogrammed cards from being able to unlock the doors.

#7 ·
Thanks for replies my spare card is in bad condition and i dont want to be left with no spare so am looking to get a new 1, that was my question really is my only option going to a dealer or can i replace from another source ? If only i knew where my lost key card was i guess it would not be lost..

#8 · (Edited)
There are some independant suppliers who say they can supply and programme genuine Renault keycards BUT there may not be one within a reasonable driving distance

One I found - http://www.autotechnix.co.uk/Renault-Key-cards(2092251).htm charges £95 + VAT for the card and £30 + VAT to programme it at their premises in Southampton. They also say they have the more popular models are in stock and they can do it there and then

At those prices, you may as well go to Renault unless you are just round the corner from one of these businesses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.