Independent Renault Forums banner

Help with radiator Fan - can't find solution - kangoo

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  dthomas 
#1 ·
Hi Forum

I have had a good read through other articles / posts and cant get to the bottom of my issue so hopefully somebody can help me out.

I have a Kangoo 1.9D 02 plate (no turbo model). FQ632 engine (I think?)

My fan on radiator has stopped working.

Here is what I have done...

1. hooked up fan direct to battery - runs fine - great!
2. put a link in the sensor cable on radiator as advised on other posts - nothing! no fan working and no voltage to fan cable.
3. no voltage at sensor wiring at anytime (not sure if their should be anyway?)
4. all fuses appear fine in both fuse boxes

Would appreciate any help you experts can offer as i am stuck.

Thanks
Dan

See less See more
#4 ·
I did wonder if the fan has a relay, I don't think their is any relay in the fuse box for radiator fan. Unless somebody can prove me wrong?

I cant figure out what's wrong with it.
Does anyone have any ideas what to check?

Also does anyone know where the fan takes its power from as their seems to be no power in fan wiring at all. Should their be 12v at sensor thermostat??

Cheers

Thanks

Daniel

#5 ·
Personally speaking, I'd either get the fan wired to run constantly with the ignition, or have it powered by a dashboard-mounted switch.

You can easily run into 3-figure sums trying to identify & resolve where this issue is occuring.

HTH,

Paul

#6 ·
Not looked at a Kangoo but if it as a fuse come relay box next to the battery have a look see if it as 3 small identical relays in a line, if it as you could try a new one in the third position this is only a guess based on my Clio.

#8 ·
Ron

These two temp sensors you mention. Gauge is working fine. Hence I know engine is getting too hot on long runs.
The one for comp/fan. Will that control the radiator fan as well as thermostat on radiator?
and if so where is it?

If anyone does have a wiring diagram for radiator circuit on Kangoo be much appreciated.
Thanks. Dan

#9 ·
you will have 2 sensors on the thermostat will just have a quick look at my kangoo
ok i think the one i changed for my temp gauge was the one facing down towards the gearbox the other faces back towards the firewall
they are both the same and takes 2 mins to change so swop them over if the temp gauge then stops working you know one is faulty if it still works you know they are both ok
Ron

#10 ·
Ron.

I have got no voltage to any part of radiator circuit. Not even to sensors so I am wondering if a relay is gone.
Should I have voltage at the thermostat wit ignition on??

Here's picture of relays from next to battery / fuse box.
Can anyone identify what each does.
Wiring from here does appear to run back to the radiator. Especially the purple cable. But I may be wrong.

Heres a video of system, the fault and what I have done so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkYeyqmOtp4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.