Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic Indicator problem. UCH? Short circuit? Earth

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jimidog 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, really gonna test some renault electric brains out there now.

My Mk1 scenic 1.6 K7M '96 plate has the most frustrating indicator problem.

Started months ago where when i indicated right the fuse pops, same when the hazards are switched on. doesn't blow with the left indicator.

originally i could drive for about 15-20 mins or so using the indicators with no probs before the fuse starts blowing but only when turning right. now the fuse blows every time :confused:

thing i've done so far.

disconnected wiring for front indicators in engine fusebox. disconnected wiring in passenger footwell for the rear indicators. still blowing the fuse.

disconnected hazard switch, still the same

swapped indicator stalk with donor one, same

swapped with a donor UCH purely to check if flasher relay was shorting out and fuse still pops. the original UCH is now back in so i can still drive it. Central locking and Immobiliser works as normal

i'm at my wits end :steam: trying to test for open circuit, short to earth etc. i must me missing something obvious but electrics ain't my strongest point :surrender. anyone got any ideas? thanks in advance :d

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.