Independent Renault Forums banner

Megane 07 Indicators & Brake lights getting 'confused'

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  madnoel10 
#1 ·
My Megane has recently developed an electrical glitch. When indicating, if i hit the brake pedal the 'tik-tok' sound speeds up to double-time (like if a bulb goes) and the brake lights flash as well (both flash very weakly as if half power), foot off brakes and indicators work fine again. This only happens intermittently and not every time, which is very odd.

The brake lights also flash then the Hazards are put on and when locking the car (when normally the indicators would flash).

Anyone able to narrow this down as to the cause? bulbs are all fine.

Also, this morning noticed the rear wiper is no longer independently controllable, if front wipers are on so is the rear. Related problem? something in the steering consul?

#2 ·
It sounds very much like you have an earthing problem at the rear light clusters and as most wiper motors are earth switched it may be related.
I suggest you check the connectors to both rear light clusters first. Check for loose or corroded terminals in the multi-plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.