Independent Renault Forums banner

Switch near Auto Gear Lever + M -

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  VelSatisfied 
#1 ·
Hi,
I own a 2005 Megane 1.5dci auto estate. If I decide to use the sequintial gear change,I push the lever over to the nearsde of the car and continue; forward to change up and back to change down.There is a switch to the left side of the lever with + M - on it. Can anyone please tell me what this is for,does it just take the place of pushing the lever back and forward?
Didn't want to chance using it in case I should be in either auto or manual to use it.
There is no reference to this in my handbook.
Many thanks.
Alan.

#2 ·
Hi Alan.

Is there any chance you can post a picture?

Normally these types of buttons are for adjusting the gearchange points for sporty/winter or economy driving whilst in auto mode.

HTH,

Paul

Reactions: THELMALAN
#5 ·
Hi Alan.

Is there any chance you can post a picture?

Normally these types of buttons are for adjusting the gearchange points for sporty/winter or economy driving whilst in auto mode.

HTH,

Paul
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply but it seems that it is actually a light,as pointed out by another Renault owner,and not a switch.
I only noticed it when my grandson said "whats this switch for".I thought it might be some device that altered gear ratios? we live and learn.
Again,thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
Alan.

#4 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the reply,you are absolutley right,it does light up,but never having looked down when I was in the sequential mode,I never noticed it.It was only when my grangson said "whats this switch for" that brought it to my attension.
Again,thanks.

#6 ·
I'm glad it's all cleared up - I had a similar light on my VelSatis, but that car pre-dated yours, so I wasn't sure if it just indicated a 'manual-mode', or meant something else.

Enjoy your car.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.