Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic III and new Carminat Tomtom module

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  DDAAXX 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I explain my problem:
I had a Scenic III with carminat tomtom w/o live.
2 months ago I had some problem with the unit and Renault changed it.
When I take my car, I found that the new tomtom module have the 9.844 navcore, so it is now a Tomtom Live.
I checked the menu but I didn't find the Live icon, so I asked to the service and they told me that I cannot have Live because my antenna have not the GSM cable for the live section of the Tomtom.

So... at work I use GSM slim industrial antenna and I connected one of them to the unit, but also in this case I have no Live icon.

Today I came to service for a problem with a door, and asked another time for my Tomtom problem... now it seems that I need also another module and not only the display+antenna...

Do you know something about changing Carminat with Carminat Live?
Could you please post me the service wiring diagram and scheme?

Thanks a lot for the help
Dario

See less See more
#4 ·
Doesn't look like you need another module, from what I can gather 99% of the sat nav in in the screen, the only other 'module' I can see is the multimedia module.

Do you have any options such as activate live services? As shown here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCUNa1rIaU

I am currently in the process of installing a live screen in my Laguna 3 - I think it needs programming with the CLIP. I am going to see a friend who has one, will know more later...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.