Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna II - Keyless Entry

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dejan72 
#1 ·
Hello everybody!
This is my first post althoughI'm aware of this forum since March 2012 (when I god my car). Let's cut to the case.
I have a 2002 Laguna II, Privilege (V6 - Automatic) and I have a little problem with the 3 button card. When I fist got the car, the card was faulty (the internal battery was almost dead (only 0.3V)). I have replaced the internal battery, the "external" one (the one that can be replaced without taking apart the card itself) and now it's fine.
BUT (as it's a Renault it have to be a "but") the "keyless" entry doesn't work. When I press the AUTO+LOCK button, the car locks (there's a little beep and side signals remain lit for about 10 seconds), but nothing happens when I try to unlock using the sensors inside handles.
I have found out that if I have a door open and I press "LOCK+AUTO" the car will not lock (double click-click -> alert for door open) but when I close the door, after 2 seconds the car will lock - and the same, not unlock until I press Unlock button. (it will lock even the card is inside the car).

I have checked the computer (using an interface and DDT2000 - (software)) and it's allowed to use "hands free entrance". In octet 1 bit 2 (if I can remember right).

Any help with this will be apreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi
Mine keyless entry stopped working in June. It worked the same on auto lock pressed it locked but no unlocking except unlock button. After some reading I noted lots of reference to internal battery so I got my card opened in August, resoldered a broken contact on internal battery and without connecting Clip it worked as it was before. Before that I also changed the battery behind the mechanical key,checked with Clip - no errors found, tried to reconfigure, reallocate the keycards and nothing helped. I didn't want to open the card in the first place but it worked for me.
Is your car set to be open on driver's door only, or with any of the doors? Don't know the DDT but on Clip the keyless unlocking option is driver's door only or all 4(5) doors.
The driver's door sensor on mine works only when it's hot, dry or sunny - weird but not enough uncomfortable to get myself to repair it. I just put the hand on the rear door handle instead.
Check if the card's internal battery is soldered right, check for polarity. Check if the card is assigned as keyless entry card as only one can be.
DG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.