Independent Renault Forums banner

Indicator tick

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  taysir 
#1 ·
We have a Clio 1.2 8v 51 plate which does not tick the indicators when they are in use. Any ideas? They work fine including the hazards but no tick.

Fuses are all ok. Many thanks.

#2 ·
Is this "no ticking " compared to your last car, or just something thats happened recently?
The sound varies a bit from car to car.

Im not sure if the sound is still generated in the same way but ,when I had a donor car for the same model audi ,some time ago!

I replaced the indicator relay with the one from the other car ,just cos it was newer and the tick of the relay was louder :). It looked the same from the outside.

#4 ·
:) well my audi example was from many years ago , Im not even sure the ticking sound is from an indicator mechanical relay anymore.
Obviously I cant say check with your ear to see where the sound is coming from.
On my megane the sound comes from behind the dash near the speedo and also near where the green arrows are for indicator side.
Any easily accessible relays are behind a panel in the glove box

#5 ·
Pretty sure the clicking noise comes from a buzzer built into dash clocks.
Same buzzer should operate if lights are on and you open door. Does that part work?
Presume it's linked into green indicator lights on dash so if they work then it may be a dash fault.
Don't know if it's something that can be fixed.

#6 ·
On my Saab the indicator noise is from a small speaker behind the clock display.
Had to get the clock repaired (common problem!) so took it out... Was really weird driving without that noise too... Also stopped the horn from working too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.