Independent Renault Forums banner

LAguna 2006 2.0 DCi buzzy noise from dashboard

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  granadaman 
#1 ·
hello everyone
I have just bought a laguna 2.0 diesel 56 plate and 67000 miles on clock from a garage .Now with in a week i m start to have problems with it for example
--startin problem in cold mornings which might be coz of the glow plugs

My other biggest problem or paranoya u can say is the buzzy NOISE coming out of the dashboard when i insert the key and the system lits up...and the noise increases a bit when the system testing progress..cant hear this noise when the engine is running,can only hear it when its silence .

Also when i insert the key the system goes On and after couple of seconds in the middle of TESTING SYSTEM CHECKS the whole system goes off for a second and come back on ..IS THIS NORMAL OR IS THIS A BIG THING TO WORRY ABOUT.

I PHONED THE GARAGE WHERE I BOUGHT THIS CAR FROM AND HE SAID ITS JUST THE PART OF THE TEST AS IT IS VERY CLEVER CAR..and im not holding my breath on that.

Can anyone please help me with this...

#2 ·
Are you sure the buzzing noise is coming from the dashboard? It is common to have a noise like that from behind the rear view mirror. There is a small fan in there that needs removing / cleaning / oiling to fix that.

Regarding the other faults if you bought from a garage then you have a lot of rights under consumer law and you should insist they sort them out for you.

#5 ·
Are you sure the buzzing noise is coming from the dashboard? It is common to have a noise like that from behind the rear view mirror. There is a small fan in there that needs removing / cleaning / oiling to fix that.
you were right my friend ..there is a noise coming out of the fan behind the rear view mirror.i think that must the noise reflecting on the dashnoard and seems like its coming out the dashboard.

I am goin to try fixin it at the weekend.Any tips how to oil the thing after taking it off from there.

Thanks Again very much for your help.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate.

Regarding the noise ,its definetly coming somewhere inside the dashboard like i said its something to do with the system ...when i insert the key the noise starts and when the the system checks begins the noise increase a bit just like a bit overload sort of thing..

But i will still definetely have a look at the fan as well..

Have you got any idea why "when i inert the key the system goes ON and then after couple of seconds later the whole system goes OFF for a second ( like a blink)...Is this normal in laguna ??

#6 ·
That procedure has been covered on here before I am sure, you will just need to search for it, it is too hard for me to explain without pics.

Basically you take the plastic surround cover off from the rear of the mirror and there is a small unit with a fan inside it which is connected to the climate control. The fan itself sits on a metal pin and you just need to remove the fan, lubricate the pin with some fine oil then reassemble. I did mine months ago and it has been fine since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.